Filter by "already seen"

Why, why, why, WHY does NO STREAMING SERVICE have this fucking option? Check a box for "don't show me shit I've already seen."

Steam won't show you games that are already in your library. You can check off other games if you don't want to see them again for whatever reason you want. Youtube doesn't put videos you've already seen in your home page (though what you've already "seen" seems to get reset after a year or so). Clearly, the technology to do it exists.

Why doesn't any streaming service outside of that have that feature? It seems like it would be beneficial for the services, as well. I'm more likely to find something new to watch if I don't have to sort through 3805 things I already have watched.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Disappointing. I thought this was a thread about the band Filter. :(

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Back when bands would be called "Fuel" or "Plate" or "Candle" or whatever. Oh, "Shuvel" was another one. They were edgy because they spelled it wrong. "Korn" and "Tool" are others, but I actually like them so I won't talk too much shit.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Back when bands would be called "Fuel" or "Plate" or "Candle" or whatever. Oh, "Shuvel" was another one. They were edgy because they spelled it wrong. "Korn" and "Tool" are others, but I actually like them so I won't talk too much shit.

Helmet :p

• Haha 1

Between @Fizzzzle's recommendation as well as the point that Shudder has 3 options of live streaming films at any point you load up the app, there are a number of ways streaming as a whole can be innovated across the board for all content providers.

Also, I would adore a setting on Netflix to stop that preview function as you scroll through things to watch (unless there is one already & I'm just now going to learn about it ... "Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"