Slow Burn Podcast - Season 2: The Impeachment of William Jefferson Clinton

Thanks for posting these. It's interesting how historically these sorts of things are viewed as people seeking justice for wrongs committed by Presidents, but in reality at the time they were highly partisan. Nixon's impeachment (I think) is pretty universally viewed by the public as bipartisan now, but would likely have no happened had the GOP controlled all branches of government. Same with Clinton (with Democratic control). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trump has shown us that Bill’s real problem was that he didn’t own it.

Instead of denying it, he should have just said, “Yeah, I f*cked her brains out.  I’m the goddamn president; they let you do it when you’re the prez.  By the way, I just wanted to say to my fellow Americans—If any other pretty women are dtf, just let George or Dee Dee know, they’ll put you on the list.”

Episode 5: Tell-All

Aside from Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, the most pivotal player in the Clinton-impeachment saga may have been Linda Tripp—an ordinary person who made extraordinary choices that precipitated the entire crisis.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:23 AM, sblfilms said:

So, Betty Currie was Bill’s wingman?

I really didn't grasp the unintentionally pivotal role that Currie played in all of this until now.  All she had to do to essentially stop all of this was to not put Monica's phone calls through to Bill.

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I really didn't grasp the unintentionally pivotal role that Currie played in all of this until now.  All she had to do to essentially stop all of this was to not put Monica's phone calls through to Bill.

Yeah, really wild how these otherwise insignificant people became part of this massive story. It is absolutely stunning that a man of Bill’s verifiable intelligence was so controlled by his lusts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 6: God Mode

Some of the most withering criticism of Clinton came from a coalition of conservative activists whose political views were bound up with their faith. The influence of the Christian right within the Republican Party had been growing steadily since the Reagan years. When the Lewinsky story broke, the movement’s leaders pounced on it with righteous vigor.