GT Sport tracks vs. Forza Motorsport 7

XxEvil AshxX

I've been tempted to pick up GT Sport while its on sale, but I'm curious what the track differences are between it and FM7. Does anybody have both games that can chime in and let me know how many tracks are unique to GT Sport? It no doubt has a lot of official licensed tracks, but honestly if I just want to race Brands Hatch and Laguna Seca over and over, I can do it on FM7.

The last GT game I played was GT3 A-Spec for PS2, but I do remember it having fictional tracks that were quite good. I'm actually hoping it has more fictional tracks than official ones.

I have to say that Forza introducing that driving assist line has completely destroyed me for racing games without it. I know you can turn it off, but I tried to play GT Sport and while it's great, I had grown so used to the racing assist line it completely fucked up my racing game skills. I need to git gud and turn that crap off. 

3 hours ago, Dodger said:

I have to say that Forza introducing that driving assist line has completely destroyed me for racing games without it. I know you can turn it off, but I tried to play GT Sport and while it's great, I had grown so used to the racing assist line it completely fucked up my racing game skills. I need to git gud and turn that crap off. 

I leave it on braking only, but still, it's on lol... to be fair, in the past racing games either A) didn't require you to be absolutely perfect with your braking in order to take a turn, or B) Included visual cues on the road such as signage, skid marks on the road, etc. that let you know when you were supposed to start braking. 

Even Driveclub, which I didn't really care for, had the green/yellow/red flags on the curve that let you know how tight it was. 

I dont' have the time or the willpower to devote to learning every turn of every track along with the unique handling of every car. Just give me the ***damn racing line lol.

1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I leave it on braking only, but still, it's on lol... to be fair, in the past racing games either A) didn't require you to be absolutely perfect with your braking in order to take a turn, or B) Included visual cues on the road such as signage, skid marks on the road, etc. that let you know when you were supposed to start braking. 

Even Driveclub, which I didn't really care for, had the green/yellow/red flags on the curve that let you know how tight it was. 

I dont' have the time or the willpower to devote to learning every turn of every track along with the unique handling of every car. Just give me the ***damn racing line lol.

That's basically where I'm at. I just don't have the time I did back in the day the OG Gran Turismo games were at to practice as much as I did, so I leave the line in as a lazy assist because well I just can't take 20 cars around a track for a few laps like I used to in the PS1-2 GT days. 

10 hours ago, Dodger said:

Isn't it in GT Sport? Driving lines were in GT5

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Yeah but I tried to play it without the driving line because that’s the real way to play GT... and I sucked at it.

If you played a lot of original GT back in the day, the driving lines and license tests should be embedded in your brain so you know the proper breaking and lines.