Yellow Taxi Goes Vroom….to GOTY

Brian

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Make full use of your advanced move-set to navigate hand-crafted retro worlds without a jump button in this vibrant love letter to the N64 era of collectathons!

straight up don’t know how I missed this game but fucking hell this is right up my alley.  @stepee how could you not tell me about this game?!?!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Sicko Sherman 1

46 minutes ago, Brian said:
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Make full use of your advanced move-set to navigate hand-crafted retro worlds without a jump button in this vibrant love letter to the N64 era of collectathons!

straight up don’t know how I missed this game but fucking hell this is right up my alley.  @stepee how could you not tell me about this game?!?!

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

FUCK DUDE RIGHT. This slipped my radar somehow and I just saw a post about it on resetera today and instantly wishlisted it to remember to get tonight. I would have told you about it tomorrow most likely!

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Jeff Gerstmann played it like a month ago which is when I wishlisted it :p

https://youtu.be/Hcr-zXSWh6g?si=FgeS5K5X_neUj_No

(can't be embedded)

In before you blame me for not talking about Minishoot adventures :nottalking:

naaa I already have that on wishlist for either when I’m ready to actually start a zelda like shooty or first sale. I thought about making a thread but just never got around to it. 

Okay thank God you can collect hats. This seems pretty damn legit, and it’s eye melting on the oled deck it’s so vibrant (much like Penny). Speaking of Pennys Breakaway, between that, Pepper Grinder, Animal Well, Little Kitty Big Cit-E, and now this game it’s been a great first half for platformers with really varied fun creative mechanics. I’d put Super Princess Peach up there as well and I feel like I’m missing something.

You know it’s different and more free flowing but it kinda reminds me of gripshift on psp if anyone remembers that game from back in the day. That company, Sidhe, is actually still around and kinda successful on the mobile side (Monsters Ate my Condo etc) and recently did a remake of their other classic, Shatter. That is to say, Gripshift Remaster pls.

I did 100% of bomb beach last night it’s a level that has more actual crazy taxi like challenges which is fantastic but then it also has a homage to the first Mario64 boss up there at the top and ahhh I love it

I have been collecting gears for all the levels but I see there are two checks. Not sure I got the skills for those. Love how crisp the graphics are and the Morio butt shots. 

On 5/21/2024 at 12:17 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

In before you blame me for not talking about Minishoot adventures :nottalking:

wtf GIF

wow another cool game that was not discussed on here. You guys are slipping. Bought it and enjoying it so far. 

• True 1
  • Hype 1

17 hours ago, legend said:

Not sure I really understand jumping in this game. Seems inconsistent and I have to mash the buttons and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What am I missing?

You can’t actually regularly jump in the game. What you do is you interrupt the spin which then flips the taxi creating a jump. Also after the jump you can do another dash and interrupt that for a double jump. And then of course using ramps for some jumps. Definitely takes a little bit to get used to for some of the harder challenges but I think the games ramp puzzles and such might be ruined if you just jumped everywhere.

Man I just LOVE how this game looks. It’s like this mishmash of Mario Sunshine, the canceled Sonic Xtreme and Crazy Taxi in an overall style that tech wise feels like a ps2 era game influenced by Saturn visuals. Also I noticed the sky is the skybox is this sonic-esque 2D parallax sprite background that looks great.