Boeing says workers skipped required tests on 787 but recorded work as completed

All workers will skip required shit, they'll especially do it if no one up the chain seems to give a shit.  This isn't the worker's fault. 

I was once a manager at a local cinema chain, there was a bunch of dirt on the walls by the usher stand.  The owner said "That's where the ushers are standing with a foot against the wall and leaning".  The other manager with me piped up and said "Well they aren't supposed to do that" and the owner said "No, they're going to do that, it's your job to not let them do that".

If no one cares or maybe intentionally doesn't care to get a few hundred million dollars worth of airplane delivered a little sooner, then this happens.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, finaljedi said:

All workers will skip required shit, they'll especially do it if no one up the chain seems to give a shit.  This isn't the worker's fault. 

I was once a manager at a local cinema chain, there was a bunch of dirt on the walls by the usher stand.  The owner said "That's where the ushers are standing with a foot against the wall and leaning".  The other manager with me piped up and said "Well they aren't supposed to do that" and the owner said "No, they're going to do that, it's your job to not let them do that".

If no one cares or maybe intentionally doesn't care to get a few hundred million dollars worth of airplane delivered a little sooner, then this happens.

Calling management “leaders” is kind of a joke. Being a leader means you take ownership of the failure of the team. I’ve seen very few leaders who ever took responsibility for anything