Bacon complains: MMO Mouse Woes

So, like 2-3 weeks ago I mentioned my MMO mouse had some broken buttons in a giveaway thread. I was PM'd by someone (if it's not a secret I will edit) who offered up the funds to get one and I was very grateful. But shit has just kept going wrong lol.

As a user of the g600, which is no longer made, I was pretty much only interested in a mouse in that 40 dollar range like the g600. So I got the Redragon M908 Impact. I got it, unboxed it used it for a bit, and it seemed good. Only to later feel it snagging on my mouse pad. One of the skates were fucked up and were constantly scratching my mouse pad. I returned it and got another, same mouse. This next one had a warped right click that made it feel like it had two points of actuation. It didn't double-click, but it felt like it was.

I returned it and got the UtechSmart Venus. Worst mistake of my life. The shape and texture of the mouse is horrid. It is neigh impossible to pick up while gaming to reset your mouse position. If you never pick up your mouse it wouldn't be an issue, but I am constantly readjusting my mouse while I game, or even just to move all the way across my monitors. The side buttons, the "MMO" part, sucked dick too, and were harder to press. Sent that shit back.

So, I got the Redragon M908 again. Again it seemed good at first, the left click has this weird crunch, but it is something I could ignore. But while I was getting really into FFXIV and doing some Blue Mage stuff, I noticed that my mouse pointer would just stop moving. It didn't disconnect, but it would just stop like the sensor wasn't sensing anything.  With some testing, there are just some spots on my mouse pad that the mouse won't register due to it being faded and lighter in color. I was just going to get a new mouse pad so it was pristine black(and mine leaking titty gel), but no one is selling that mouse pad anymore. I use a black-out/no-image titty mouse pad. Like this.

81DVkubD4KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Still, I needed a new mouse pad since mine was a bit busted from all the smooshing my wrist applies to it so I stupidly bought this one because it is somehow the LEAST erotic titty mouse pad. Maybe slight NSFW cuz anime tifa

Spoiler

71kvlCLTPdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Now this mouse pad was an improvement except for these spots

e921438078462a2986be8401a6dba33f.png

See how the "gloss" makes the colors look faded? Well, the mouse won't register on those spots.

I could try another mouse pad but man I am more just mad at the mouse and I'm going to return it again. The poor sensor is just unforgivable IMO. My g600 doesn't have this problem at all. And the poor sensor just compounds with the other issues. The crunchy left click, the poor software, the AWFUL glossy finish on the sides that feels like shit with how sweaty my hands get (but it does make picking up the mouse easier lol), the mediocre side buttons, and the lack of the mouse wheel tilt buttons.

Now, I have this dilemma about what I should get and I hate all of my options.

The Corsair SCIMITAR is on sale for 50.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082LRMY53/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

It is the closest to my price range, but I've heard mostly bad things about the mouse. To top it all off, it is one button short of what I am looking for. On the g600, I use the right mouse wheel tilt and on the redragon I use the "rapid fire" button. I use a total of 18 buttons on my mice, but the Corsair one only has 17

Another option is the Razer Naga Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D27XXRY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A14EEANAI4EN1Q&psc=1

The cons are it's fucking razer. On one hand, the SWTOR RAZER mmo mouse I had lasted a long time, and it wasn't the side buttons that went, but the right click. On the other hand, the other shit I have gotten from them lasted for only for months. I got a headset and xbox 360 controller from them that shit the bed so fucking fast. It's also WAY out of my fucking price range normally. If it wasn't for the fact that about half would be paid off thanks to the someone who sent me funds already.  The pros are that I've had a decent experience with razer mice and that people seem to like the Naga when it doesn't break lol. It also has all the fuckin' buttons I need.

I just don't know what I should do, but I gotta decide before Corsair goes back up to 80 bucks.

Sucks to hear man, hate technical issues like this. You just want something to do the one thing it's supposed to do but it just wants to give you a headache.

A somewhat similar story, I picked up the Hori FF14 tactical commander doctor king pad or whatever the hell it's called since I was curious about it, and have been wondering about a pad like that with a thumbstick for a while now. But damn the build quality sucked. Felt cheap as hell and even after a week I couldn't figure out how I wanted to arrange my fingers. The thumbstick also pointed straight up, which meant you'd be resting your thumb on it along the nail edge which is just uncomfortable and begging for an ingrown fingernail.

So I sadly returned that, and looked at something I'd previously overlooked (and laughed at) in the past: The Azeron Cyborg. I never took a serious look at it before, since it just looked like it was for people who wanted to hold hands with a Transformer, but man, looking at it after failing to use the FF14 pad, it was clear a lot more thought and care went into its design. The thumbstick was more cleverly placed, there were "baskets" of buttons around each fingers, so you never had to move your finger more than a couple centimeters to hit a key, the entire thing was super adjustable based on your hand, it even came with different thumbstick tops.

So I said what the hell and ponied up the money to give it a shot, and man, I love the thing. So glad it turned out to not be a big piece of shit. Adjusting it actually took longer than I thought. Not all at once, I'd adjust it, and it would feel really comfortable, then I'd actually use it and realize I adjusted for resting my hand rather than active use, so I'd adjust again, realize some part felt awkward after a couple hours of use, adjust again, etc. Until after a few days of occasional adjustments I landed exactly where I wanted it to be. Sounds annoying, but it... wasn't at all? Being able to actually tune it to be as comfortable as possible as I used it more was so nice, so freeing from just having to deal with whatever the basic ass design and ergonomics of a product are out of the box. Even I didn't know what I found comfortable until I really keyed it in, so it was hard to ever be upset about it, because it was just making it better and better to use.

And then, a few days in, I realized the thumbstick was kind of hurting my thumb after extended use. Nothing major, just a bit of pain. So I did something I've never done: I swapped the sticktop to a convex design. I've always been 100% concave for sticks, but for a stick on the side like this, I found the grip much more comfortable with the dome shape, and haven't looked back.

I really love this thing now, and actively look for excuses to use it. I hope you're able to find the perfect MMO mouse, because I know the pain of dealing with a conga line of bullshit when you just want to play your games.

• Halal 1

16 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Anything I would recommend would be more money.

What is/are your other recommendations? Aside from other razer products, I can only think of the Aerox 9. There are other "MMO" mice but not with the standard 12 side buttons. So many stupid mice like the EVGA X15 or the G604 or the Corsair Darkstar

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

What is/are your other recommendations? Aside from other razer products, I can only think of the Aerox 9. There are other "MMO" mice but not with the standard 12 side buttons. So many stupid mice like the EVGA X15 or the G604 or the Corsair Darkstar

Not an MMO mouse per se,

WWW.SWIFTPOINT.COM

The World's Most Advanced Gaming and Productivity Mouse. With 13 customizable buttons, deep-click technology, a built-in gyroscope, haptic feedback, RGB and a world-class software suite - it truly is the world's most advanced computer mouse!

Only 12 buttons total, but other customization options available (eg. you can have a "deep click" do something different on the mouse buttons).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Not an MMO mouse per se,

WWW.SWIFTPOINT.COM

The World's Most Advanced Gaming and Productivity Mouse. With 13 customizable buttons, deep-click technology, a built-in gyroscope, haptic feedback, RGB and a world-class software suite - it truly is the world's most advanced computer mouse!

Only 12 buttons total, but other customization options available (eg. you can have a "deep click" do something different on the mouse buttons).

That's pretty neat. Definitely not something I want for FFXIV, but still cool.

I tried out the Corsair for 30 minutes, and then I returned it the next day.

One big problem was this shit

pUuvqd1.png

I despise the texture. It actually made my finger tingle

Another big problem for me is that the left and right clicks are slightly convex. Kinda hard to notice unless you are using it. If it was actually just flat I wouldn't have minded even tho I am used to mice being slightly concave, but no, there is a slight curve that was unpleasant.

6393997cv12d.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

I should have listened to my instinct and got the Razer, which I did after I returned the Corsair. While it isn't perfect, none of them are. But at least the Razer mouse has everything I wanted and is even wireless. The software was installed on its own and it was the easiest to setup. It was a very painless process to reassign all the buttons. What could be better for me is two things.

1. If the buttons were angled so there was more of a division between the top half (1-6))and the bottom half(7-12) of the buttons.
  2. If the buttons were less clicky and a bit more mushy so they weren't so easy to accidently press.

Basically, what is wrong with it is that the side buttons aren't done in the same fashion as the g600. Still, that is something I can get used to. This is the best mouse for me to replace the g600 with and I'm sticking with it. Tho, the redragon is very close. Like, if the sensor actually worked 100% of the time, I would have kept it.

The Razer Naga isn't worth 100 bucks, but it has delivered the most premium experience. While I hate to insult my new mouse like this, it is kind of the Beats by Dre of the PC mouse world. Maybe on a good day, the Apple iPhone of mice. It feels like I'm paying more because of branding and style, rather than functionality and quality.

• Sicko Sherman 1