WFH Setup

I started a new job last week. The first two weeks are mainly in the office but after that it will be 4 remote and 1 on-site. I never really needed a home setup before so any recommendations for a desk, chair, and monitors would be appreciated. I plan to eventually add a full gaming PC to this office so it will be a dual purpose space. Thanks

• Brian changed the title to WFH Setup

1)  I prefer a sit/stand desk.  I'm now at the point that I stand for ~66% of the day.  I got the SecretLabs Magnus XL.

2)  Desk chairs are really personal preference.  I like a firm chair with a lumbar pillow.

3)  The monitors you need are highly dependent on what kind of work you're doing.  My company bought me two cheap 27" 1080p monitors. [I assume your company is providing monitors?]

1. What is your typical type of work, so that we can recommend products whose strengths play to your needs? E.g. for the monitor, are you doing graphic design work (needing color accuracy), programming or other document manipulation (requiring text clarity), etc.
  2. What's your budget for each component?

I will expense whatever I buy so I don’t have a budget per se but I do want to keep it reasonable. 

As an accountant, I need one or two monitors. I would prefer to get a monitor that can also be used for gaming as well in the future if possible. 

My preference is to have different monitors for gaming and work.

I game on an 165 hz OLED Ultrawide.

I work on 2 1080p 60hz cheapo 27" monitors.

I wouldn't want to game on my work monitors, and I wouldn't want to game on my work monitors.

I know my company never would have agreed to pay for my gaming monitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Get this chair and work in comfort

WWW.HERMANMILLER.COM

Aeron—the original innovative work chair, designed for all, thanks to the research of designers Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick. Updated today with ocean-bound plastic.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Get this chair and work in comfort

WWW.HERMANMILLER.COM

Aeron—the original innovative work chair, designed for all, thanks to the research of designers Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick. Updated today with ocean-bound plastic.

Money GIF

On 5/5/2024 at 5:28 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

1)  I prefer a sit/stand desk.  I'm now at the point that I stand for ~66% of the day.  I got the SecretLabs Magnus XL.

I used to do the sit/stand desk, but found having multiple places to work from is really helpful. Assuming folks have the space for it, that is. That's why I got rid of my standing desk and now have a regular desk in my office and a standing desk setup at a treadmill in my bedroom.

A change of scenery can be nice when working from home full-time.

• Halal 1