Total War: Warhammer II OT

Commissar SFLUFAN

Did I see Crab People at 2:10? :p 

Seems like they’re taking a lot of liberties with the Vampire Coast faction, no? I’m not a Warhammer expert but I vaguely remember reading people saying that VC wouldn’t make a good faction for the game since it’s mostly just undead pirates and not much in the way of unique units. :confused:

@Zaku3

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Seems like they’re taking a lot of liberties with the Vampire Coast faction, no? I’m not a Warhammer expert but I vaguely remember reading people saying that VC wouldn’t make a good faction for the game since it’s mostly just undead pirates and not much in the way of unique units. :confused:

@Zaku3

I am on recon @Spork3245 I am mainly familiar with 7th/8th edition WFB so I have to check. It is possible they had an army list at one point.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

@Zaku3

Ok so there was a Vampire Coast army lidt it was really small. The list was in an issue of White Dwarf and was released during 6th edition. 7th ed had an update to make it playable but it was never updated. It's the type of thing GW doesn't do anymore. Just a few character models and the rest was stuff you needed to make yourself via conversions. (They stopped because of a lawsuit they had vs a company called Chapterhouse.)

The units I found in the video do match up a bit with what wr saw. The sea crab things and the constructs weren't in the army list. Though sea creatures were mentioned in the background provided in the White Dwarf issue. 

This makes me hopeful we will get lesser known factions. Chaos Dwarves are borderline guaranteed. They had an army list previously and Forgeworld created an army list for them in 8th edition. 

There is a game called warmaster (8mm scale mass battle game set in the WFB world) that has army lists for Kislev and Araby so we may see them. I do believe Kislev also had a White Dwarf army list.

Edit: There is a TW:W 1&2 mod that adds the vampire xoast and what is in that mode is basically all the units that were in the white dwarf list.

• Thanks 1

Ahoy Matie we are getting the pirates of Sartosa included in the expansion. 

ueen of the Tides, Aranessa Saltspite is one of the most respected and feared pirate captains of Sartosa. Some say she is the daughter of the sea god Manann himself and he whispers to her to take control of all the world’s oceans. Now, many a sea-bloated corpse washes up against the Swordfysh’s hull, and so the Vampire first mates breathe unlife into them, creating a vast rabble of loyal crew, ready to serve at Captain Saltspite’s command. As part of the living realm rather than the undead, she commands a human pirate crew known as the Sartosa Free Company, otherwise reluctantly sharing control of the denizens of the Vampire Coast. (From TW official site)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 4:58 PM, Zaku3 said:

spacer.png

They put Henry Cavill in Total War: Warhammer 2’s latest DLC

Developer Creative Assembly was clearly charmed, too – upon starting a campaign as Eltharion in the game’s latest DLC, The Warden and The Paunch, I found that the solemn protector of Tor Yvresse has a friend. Eltharion begins the Vortex campaign with a Loremaster of Hoeth named ‘Cavill’, and as you can see in the character screen below, he has some interesting traits.

total-war-warhammer-2-henry-cavill-900x5

‘White Wolf’ grants a +15 bonus vs large, perhaps hinting at a career as a professional monster-slayer, and also grants a potion of toughness ability in a clear nod to the tools of Geralt’s trade. 

• Like 1