Granblue Fantasy: Relink | Coming to Playstation and Steam February 1, 2024

Keyser_Soze

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played the demo, and it was good but not great IMO. The graphics and character models/animations are really good, but there is way too much UI clutter on the screen that I found really distracting. Also, there’s too many flashy visual effects during combat making it difficult to tell what’s going on. The game itself is a somewhat linear third person action RPG with an anime aesthetic. It seemed rather typical for the genre without anything that really made it stand out to me. I liked it enough to get it when it’s $40 or less, but I won’t be buying it on day one for $60.

I also played the demo. I'm not even sure what this game is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be a Monster Hunter style game? If so, the story missions seem weirdly out of place and filler-y. Is it supposed to be a big exploration-based JRPG adventure? If so, the Monster Hunter shit seems weirdly out of place and filler-y.

I also think the UI is unbelievably obnoxious, the abilities are too flashy, especially for how little they actually do, there's too many systems layered on top of each other that are both simplistic (attack to fill gauge, hit button prompt to trigger different levels of "big attack") and unfun, as they break up the pace of you actually doing the fighting yourself.

The game doesn't seem bad or anything, I just can't get a read on what I'm supposed to expect. I really don't feel like playing anime Monster Hunter right now, but I wasn't convinced by what I did play that there's going to be a big JRPG adventure, either.

58 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The game doesn't seem bad or anything, I just can't get a read on what I'm supposed to expect. I really don't feel like playing anime Monster Hunter right now, but I wasn't convinced by what I did play that there's going to be a big JRPG adventure, either.

I look forward to your impressions of the full game on the first. 🫡

17 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I also played the demo. I'm not even sure what this game is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be a Monster Hunter style game? If so, the story missions seem weirdly out of place and filler-y. Is it supposed to be a big exploration-based JRPG adventure? If so, the Monster Hunter shit seems weirdly out of place and filler-y.

I also think the UI is unbelievably obnoxious, the abilities are too flashy, especially for how little they actually do, there's too many systems layered on top of each other that are both simplistic (attack to fill gauge, hit button prompt to trigger different levels of "big attack") and unfun, as they break up the pace of you actually doing the fighting yourself.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I couldn't tell by any of the written previews what the game was supposed to be, so I downloaded the demo on PS5 and played through all three parts and I still don't know wtf is going on.