After years of wanting to, but never being able, I’ve finally had a go at a tabletop RPG.

gamer.tv

Through a colleague of my wife, we met a couple that are very into tabletop gaming and board games - my wife mentioned to her colleague that I’d love to try D&D and they arranged to come over and play a spin-off called Animal Friends. It was well worth the wait, I had a great time (well we’re about 2/3 of the way through the campaign).

We’ll be dipping into some of their board games as well which is awesome and hopefully will kickstart my wife into playing some of the games we own!

I now also want to look into an actual TCG after enjoying Gwent, Hearthstone, Marvel Snap, MTG etc on my phone so I’m kind of keen to try out a good, easy to access game I might be able to convince my wife to play! 

Disney just came out with a TCG. Since it’s brand new I’d imagine it’s fairly easy(and cheaper) to get into than some of the other big ones like Arkham and LotR. 

I wish I could find more gaming friends. At this point I more of a collector of games than someone who actually gets to play them.