I'm sunburned, AMA

Fizzzzle

Just now, Nokra said:

@Fizzzzle Sorry about your sunburn. :/ I'm going to Eugene tomorrow; a coworker wants to buy a car and a dealership in Eugene had the one he wants so he and another coworker and I are going tomorrow. Any recs for food or things worth seeing? :thinking: 

No, Eugene sucks. I was there for an Incubus concert.

There actually is great Asian food there, though. Especially Korean food/Korean fusion. Start there. There's somewhere close to like 10th and Willamette that is dope as fuck. Also they have a pretty great Asian grocery store, but I find it lacking since H-mart opened in southeast Portland. H-mart is the shit (it's on something like 30th and Belmont)

@Nokra Chi's Korean Taco is what I was thinking of. That place is sick. The rest of downtown Eugene can burn in hell for all I care. It's like imagine everything you hate about Portland, then imagine everything you hate about southern California, then put them together. Voila, that's Eugene. It chugs much asscock.

I imagine Eugene is a lot like Bakersfield. I've never been to Bakersfield, but how I've experienced Eugene is how I imagine Bakersfield to be.

OH! I did go to Elk Horn brewery. I'm pretty sure the owner is a trump supporter, but they had a berry vinaigrette that is quite possibly one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. If the chef was there, I would have done unspeakable things because I felt like money was not acceptable as a form of payment. It was that good.

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

When did that happen?!

That was when I moved to Florida after graduating high school, but I'll never forget it because it was insanely painful. It was a third-degree sunburn, and my chest, back, and shoulders were covered in giant blisters. I had to sleep hanging off the front of the bed, so nothing touched the blisters.

Just now, Remarkableriots said:

That was when I moved to Florida after graduating high school, but I'll never forget it because it was insanely painful. It was a third-degree sunburn, and my chest, back, and shoulders were covered in giant blisters. I had to sleep hanging off the front of the bed, so nothing touched the blisters.

Oof. My older brother had that happen once (like full on his skin was sloughing off). I can't imagine just *everything* hurting.

I'm sorry you had to go through that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unogueen said:

From a scale of KFC to Popeyes, how crispy are you? Also which sides would you recommend?

I'm not crispy at all, I'm as soft as a pillow made of butter. So 0/10.

Popeyes has the better chicken, KFC has the better sides. I'll fight people with my buttery self on that. They both have horrible cole slaw. Coleslaw is an essential part of southern cuisine and they both just serve you cabbage with mayonnaise. I find it disgraceful since coleslaw is pretty much the cheapest thing you can make. It's literally vegetables no one likes to eat on their own covered in creamy sauce. Come on, boys. it is possible to make good coleslaw and it won't cost any more money than the shit you serve right now.

My dad didn't die in Vietnam for subpar coleslaw. I mean, my dad didn't die in Vietnam anyway, but he especially didn't die for shitty coleslaw.