Skull Island Animated Series

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No one cares, huh? :lol:

kong-skull-island-monsterverse-new-canon
SCREENRANT.COM

The MonsterVerse has 13 new creatures.

I missed this but I do care! I started this last night and I’m almost done. I’m enjoying it a lot. It’s definitely silly but it’s a lot of fun and gorgeous. I’m not even a huge King Kong fan, I actually started it because it reminded me of Jacques Cousteau's Ocean Tales which I have a lot of nostalgia for. 

It’s a really chill vibe despite all the action and monsters and very atmospheric, I definitely recommend it as well. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I care, but unfortunately, I don't currently have Netflix because the version worth getting is so expensive.

That's too bad... it really is a fun, well written series if a little TOO glib at times considering what happens in it. i also have a new favorite Kaiju... DOG!

• Like 1
  • Hype 1

21 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's too bad... it really is a fun, well written series if a little TOO glib at times considering what happens in it. i also have a new favorite Kaiju... DOG!

The tonal shift at the end of (the VERY good) episode 9 was quite something!

• Halal 1

• 6 months later...

I finally got around to this, not realizing until relatively recently this is canonical to the American Godzilla monsterverse. From the poster I thought it was just some fun, non-canonical Kong stuff for kids. It is not, it's a real show and pretty good! It's definitely too glib at times, and the way Irene, the leader of the mercenaries, handles pretty much everything is terrible but otherwise I actually enjoyed this a decent bit. It's nothing great, don't expect Blue Eye Samurai or something, but it is fun, funny, silly, has monster action, etc. It's a B-tier animated show for older teens and young adults given the main three characters are all older teens. I recommend it for those interested in more monsterverse stuff after Monarch: Legacy of Monsters. It ends on a pretty big cliffhanger and the writer Brian Duffield has said a season 2 is already written - they're just waiting on Netflix to commission it. I thought this would be a one and done show but now I look forward to season 2 if it gets made. It's nice to get more Kong stuff since Godzilla got two of his own movies and also gets the TV show Monarch whereas Kong only got one movie but now this show too at least.