There are 2 Little Nemo games planned for this year, both metroidvania games, both coming to Steam and Switch 🤔

Little Nemo and the Nightmare Fiends

Slumberland has been invaded by the evil Nightmare Fiends, and the royal family has summoned Nemo back after a long absence to prevent nightmares from ruling dreams forever!

Take control of 4 characters on your trip through Slumberland! The brave Nemo, the magic-wielding Princess, the mischievous clown Flip, and the agile royal guard Peony - an original character created for this game!

Each character has unique ways to attack and explore. Players can switch between them quickly to create powerful combos and find hidden areas!

Wake Nemo up and explore his house, featuring rooms with hidden items, artifacts to make your characters stronger, and production artwork!

Features gorgeous hand-drawn animations as a tribute to animation and comics pioneer Winsor McCay, including characters and scenes from his work reimagined for modern audiences!

Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland

Little Nemo and the Guardians of Slumberland takes the retro NES-era platformer gameplay of Capcom and Nintendo favorites and brings it to a vast, non-linear world that has been lovingly hand-animated frame-by-frame. You’ll explore as you collect new ability-granting toys and PJs, discover enchanting lands inspired by Winsor McCay’s Little Nemo comics, and encounter a colorful cast of characters — all through the nostalgic lens of an ‘80s/’90s kid.

Little Nemo will be available on Nintendo Switch and Windows (via Steam and itch.io), with release slated for Q4 of 2023

• Sicko 1

I’ll be honest, I thought I did respond to this thread! I watched them and had thought about my reply but I guess it just never happened!

I liked the old Capcom cps1 game which the second one reminds me of and that looks really nice too but Nightmare Fiends really does look astonishing! What gorgeous art and the music is perfect. I do love it yes.

• Hugs 1

• 4 months later...

One of my earlier dreams I remember is the Nightmare King (from the NES game, which is all I've ever experienced of Little Nemo) holding my corpse and just standing there for what felt like hours before waking up. No movement, no talking, no nothing. I don't recall being afraid of the Nightmare King as a kid and I don't recall even thinking of the NES game much outside of this dream, which remains one of the most bizarre and inexplicable dreams I'd ever had, especially given how young I was. We definitely had it a few years after it came out, so I know I wasn't as young as 3 (which is my age at its release) but I couldn't have been older than 5-7.

Anyway, I think I'll check this out!

• Sicko 1