Banana trick

Remarkableriots

I’ve noticed some hardware stores require scanning of each individual item, instead of scanning one and entering the quantity. I’m sure for the same reason, people getting them to scan a cheaper thing that seems similar enough not to draw attention?

Sad they have to do this kind of thing. I’m always slow to introduce things that essentially treat customers all like potential thieves, but it is sometimes necessary :/ 

After a long season in which there have been numerous thefts at the Walmart retail chain’s self-checkout counters, the retail brand’s CEO has issued stern warnings. As indicated in a statement, the number of thefts has increased significantly. That problem can trigger the closure of certain stores or even price increases on many products.

So in other words, this is a mountain being made out of a molehill to build up a later excuse as to why they've fired a ton of employees, cranked up prices, and then get to brag about record profits.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Man if only they…

*checks notes 

gave the job to a human being.  

Do you think the average $15/hour cashier is paying any attention to what is being rung up?

54 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Do you think the average $15/hour cashier is paying any attention to what is being rung up?

Something similar happened to my friend when he worked at Circuit City and he definitely noticed. Basically the guy swapped the barcode for a cheap graphics card with a really expensive one so when it came up my friend said that he had to check with his manager or something and when he came back the guy was gone.

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

WalMart themselves are saying that theft is up because of people doing this.  Whether or not it’s because a human cashier would actually catch this or the thought of a human cashier catching this doesn’t matter, it didn’t happen as often in the past.