What should i do with this bill?

Remarkableriots

I moved from my apartment Aug 30th in Reno and that was hectic moving so i gave the Spectrum internet router/modem to a friend who returned it no issue Sep 1st which they said they received. I called September 2nd to make sure the service was discontinued at least i thought it was. I just got a past due bill in the mail ( i recently moved twice and just a week ago moved into this apartment) from Spectrum so i looked up my account. Aug 10th bill said due on Aug 27th and service from Aug 10- Sep 9th, September 10th bill due Sep 27th Sep 10-Oct 9th and Oct 10th bill due Oct 27th service from Oct 10- Nov 9th. At most shouldn't i only owe 2 bills but how the customer service told me i owe all 3. I don't have the money for this $239.47 bill so should i just not pay it?

@Commissar SFLUFAN what would be your suggestion?

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I moved from my apartment Aug 30th in Reno and that was hectic moving so i gave the Spectrum internet router/modem to a friend who returned it no issue Sep 1st which they said they received. I called September 2nd to make sure the service was discontinued at least i thought it was. I just got a past due bill in the mail ( i recently moved twice and just a week ago moved into this apartment) from Spectrum so i looked up my account. Aug 10th bill said due on Aug 27th and service from Aug 10- Sep 9th, September 10th bill due Sep 27th Sep 10-Oct 9th and Oct 10th bill due Oct 27th service from Oct 10- Nov 9th. At most shouldn't i only owe 2 bills but how the customer service told me i owe all 3. I don't have the money for this $239.47 bill so should i just not pay it?

@Commissar SFLUFAN what would be your suggestion?

When you called on September 2, did Spectrum confirm that service was discontinued?

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

When you called on September 2, did Spectrum confirm that service was discontinued?

I don't remember exactly but i thought i mentioned i moved and to end service. They mentioned when i called today the actual service days were different compared to what the bill says. The service representative said only my WiFi was turned off.

Call in, explain and try and get it resolved straight away. If not, ask for them to listen back to your call and then you’ll get the definitive answer. I remember the day of being the person dealing with complaints about staff and having to literally throw money around because of a throw away comment by an advisor. 

25 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I think you need to escalate with CS as much as possible.

12 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, just ask for a supervisor. If you know for sure the equipment was returned, easy to make the case the service was supposed to be ended then.

Called a 3rd time and that time she figured out what happened and hopefully now i will just owe $80 but have to wait 7-10 business days to find out. She put a ticket in for it to be fixed.

6 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Call in, explain and try and get it resolved straight away. If not, ask for them to listen back to your call and then you’ll get the definitive answer. I remember the day of being the person dealing with complaints about staff and having to literally throw money around because of a throw away comment by an advisor. 

I'll try that if they don't fix the issue.