Tim Ryan (Dem Senate candidate) is low-key running the best race a Dem could run in Ohio in a midterm year like this

Tim Ryan probably has one of the hardest jobs, and Republicans have been reported as sending in the cavalry to help J.D. Vance in his Senate race against Ryan. But Ryan's been really good as his blue-collar/manufacturing message, and doing what I'm used to conservatives doing which is highlighting Vance's California ties:

It's kept him afloat so far, but September/October are a long time:

• Halal 3

• SaysWho? changed the title to Tim Ryan (Dem Senate candidate) is low-key running the best race a Dem could run in Ohio in a midterm year like this
5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I live in Ohio, so I am seeing his ads a lot. It's annoying hearing ads that attempt to attack Vance from the right, but whatever gets the job done, I guess

:shrug:

538 has a really good podcast that delve into Ryan's chances, mostly in the first half of the video (I think it's around 4 or 5 minutes in). Their "deluxe" model is skeptical that Ryan can sustain it due to fundamentals, but they go into the difference between that and their other models and how demographics in Ohio might actually be better for Dems if polls hold up. Gonna be hard but I'm a wee bit more optimistic now than 2 months ago.

538-2022-MODEL-TALK-4x3-1.png?w=640
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

In recent weeks, Democrats’ odds of keeping control of the Senate after the 2022 midterms have ticked up to sixty percent, according to our deluxe forecast mode…

• Halal 1

Ryan bring from NE Ohio really, really helps. but he’s going to be on the same ballot as dewine and isn’t the incumbent senator like brown was. But 4 years ago ~300k more people voted for brown than Richard Corday on the same ballot so there’s still some swingyness in Ohio maybe. 

I still think Vance sleepwalks into the senate and that fucking sucks, if only just barely.