Steamdeck issue (Uninstalling Warhammer: VermintideII) that's driving me crazy!

HardAct

This issue has consumed me now for the last two night, and well over 6 hours of hair pulling (not really) and complete misery when I should be enjoying the console and playing games!

THE ISSUE: Trying to Fuc&%$g UNINSTALL Warrhammer: Vermintide 2! Now befor you all just assume it's easy, look it up, do this, do that, restart, use Desktop mode, etc, etc I have read, tried every motherf&$%#@g thing imaginable but I do not mean any disrespect either, it's just I'm pretty PC savvy and this really has been miserable! It just makes me not want to even try A Y game that's not already deemed "playable",  or even tackling emulation, and Retro gaming on it and that was my main draw to get this thing.

The game, Warhammer: Vermintide 2 isnt supported and currently is taking up over 100gigs of my internal 512g ssd. That's alot. I went crazy and installed many games in my Library to just try out, play or move on. I'm pretty good at the issues that can plaque gaming and issues there in.

I can't get this damned game off my SD and its so frustrating. When I'm in the steam OS (default mode) i have tried verifying files many times it always results in a spinning endless wheel that requires a restart. I have tried to play the game so many times but that always freezes. It's the version with DLC. I have tried Desktop mode 20 times and everything in there. I've tried uninstalling it in both modes, I changed settings in trash (DT mode) to handle games up to 250gigs. Just every single idea me or anything on reddit etc I can try.

Only thing I haven't done is using Desktop mode to access files and deleting the but that's only like 2gigs, not the 100+ the instal is using up. I have reached out to Valve on Steam now 3 seperate times with no answer. Note that verifying files results in a endless circle that ends in a restart. Installing in both modes results in a endless circle but in desktop mode it will error out in well over an hour with a failure to unstal message, in normal mode its endless and cant use steam+hold B to end a task in desktop mode error. 

It's just been so frustrating I'm not even going to try the rest of the week

Thoughts? I have seen people have some issues uninstalling games, only one was Warhammer vermintide 2, but I tried everything he mentioned many many times!

So frustrating!

Have you tried asking on the steam game discussion page? Perhaps the dev will see your question and reach out

header.jpg?t=1658157875
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Join our official Discord communityGet the latest news and chat directly with us: https://discord.gg/9BHBX6pAbout the GameWarhammer: Vermintide 2 is a 4-player co-op action game set in the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world. Sequel to the critically acclaimed Vermintide, Vermintide 2 is the latest installment in a franchise best known for its intense and bloody first-person melee...

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Wait I have an idea! It’s crashing on uninstall it sounds like right? What about moving it? If you have a 256gb or so micro sd around; you could try to transfer to that and then just format the card.

That's an option I have not tried, that and a factory restart are all I can see left. What would that do, what if move a game to my external drive and then have both uninstallable. I would fucking throw this thing and I dont do that kind of shit at all ever!

Not in a hurry to move this game, but that is a other option thanks! At least as it stands, my biggest games are mostly on the SanDisc 1Tb ultra. About 750gigs worth. The internal started out only getting smaller Indy, Arcadey games like Dead Cells, Salt and Sanctuary, Rougue Legacy 2, Steamworld Dig 1&2, Bloodstained, etc. Not even sure how Warhammer vermintide 2 ended up on that drive but its there.

Much less time I would spend redownloading the enternal installed games than the external one so I have that going for me at least! Yea for those Small victories.

7 hours ago, HardAct said:

I changed settings in trash (DT mode) to handle games up to 250gigs. Just every single idea me or anything on reddit etc I can try.

Only thing I haven't done is using Desktop mode to access files and deleting the but that's only like 2gigs, not the 100+ the instal is using up. I have reached out to Valve on Steam now 3 seperate times with no answer. Note that verifying files results in a endless circle that ends in a restart. Installing in both modes results in a endless circle but in desktop mode it will error out in well over an hour with a failure to unstal message, in normal mode its endless and cant use steam+hold B to end a task in desktop mode error. 

I know you've said you've tried everything. So have you tried this? It seems to be a combination of a couple things you said but at the same thing something you didn't try. (maybe)

Thanks. 

Weird I was able to very files first time ever. It finished with 1 file failed to validated and will be reaquired. Dont know if it did reaquire that file but it's a small improvement over forced restarts or endless uninstall wheel running in the background. 

Tried running and it hangs at running install script: (easyanticheat) but I'm able to push b to back out. Just endless wheel as I'm typing this. Both these were impossible in both SteamOS and Desktop mode tuesday and wednesday. 

Kinda want to try Uninstall again in both systems but I want to stop dealing with it at all and its consuming so much time. Why cant I just enjoy a game? 

Bought The Witcher 3, Fallout 3 & Skyrim all were collecters editions or the equivalent with all dlc.

Really just need to enjoy what I have and not what we've lost. Easier said for sure but that is my biggest problem. I feel guilty when I'm having fun, seems unfair dealing with the losses of our Son and.......well you all know. Depression  rears its ugly head in the strongest looking people. Both me and my wife have really been struggling living our lives after Donnie and our cummunity & friends. So greatful to have my wife and three of our kids and grandkids. They never see our tears, well no one sees mine but there there. 

Anyway it's 1:30am again and I'm buring myself in tech talk to better not deal with the real problem. Again I'm just talking this shit out, don't read it's boring shit that I need to do, I'm the one that shows the strong external wall to everyone, but in reality I'm pretty beaten up and broken and I can't seem to get past some shit it seems. That's it, that has to be it...... But..............Now What........

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I know you've said you've tried everything. So have you tried this? It seems to be a combination of a couple things you said but at the same thing something you didn't try. (maybe)

That was the first info I could find, but that stuff didnt seem to help. I have even found videos of people playing it running great, and others like me nothing but problems.

I've never even gotten it past play and it starts to install script. It hasnt locked up today (tonight, I mean this morning) it just spins. No hard restarts though.

Ok so......

Last ditch effort to defeat this extremely annoying bug and it to ended un failure. I had not tried to "MOVE CONTENT" {Meaning the impossible to uninstall game in question} from My internal drive where It's taking up about 120Gig of the 512Gigs to a 256Gig Samsung Evo Micro SD card I had laying around. I formatted it, then went into settings and storage and clicked on the game and clicked Move to SD card. Well it's been 20 minutes bow and I see that it has done nothing. It has a progress bar buts I can't see anything that's progressing! This is so damned annoying and I'm now left to my last option and that is to Factory reset the internal drive and start over. I guess it's better that I know how to do this is I'm having these type issues anyway. Frustrated and defeated! Only saving grace is that my 1Tb SanDisc dive that is near full isn't corrupted and I can just format the 256 SD card and replace it with my 1Tb and now redownload all that shit again. 

I do have no choice but to let it run over night JUST IN CASE it's actually doing something, but I'm pretty sure it's just saying it's "MOVING THE CONTENT".......REFORMAT early tomorrow morning Xenoblade Chronicles 3 that's downloaded and ready to go on Switch. FUCK the Steamdeck! {Not really just moving on for the near future} 

• Sad 1