The teaser trailer for animator Phil Tippett's "Mad God" looks like a Tool video made into a feature film

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The teaser trailer for animator Phil Tippett's "Mad God" looks like a Tool video made into a feature film
  • 2 years later...

I finally watched this and it was really good! Incredibly unique, a serious achievement in stop-motion animation and puppetry and miniatures. The story is obtuse but understandable enough and the essentially dialogue-less film holds your attention the entire 1.5 hours. I recommend anyone in the mood for something weird and different to check this out, it's an incredible labor of love that more people should see. Hands off to Phil Tippett, I didn't know he had it in him director-wise (he's always been incredible at effects).

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

huh? 

Yeah, I wrote that poorly, what I meant there was that he's a great effects guy, but not a director, his only directing credit before Mad God was the terrible Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation, which I have seen and can say it's terrible (though the effects are great!). So my worry with this film was that the effects might end up great but him being in the director's chair the overall film would be bad but it isn't thankfully.