New edition of Warhammer 40K: Kill Team announced

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to New edition of Warhammer 40K: Kill Team announced
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

I watched this yesterday.

Ive got my order in at the flgs. I love DKoK, and I have almost 9k points of Orks, and really want those Kommandos. Plus I enjoy Killteam. Ill definitely need a second set of Kommandos for the options though, even with magnetization.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I picked up my box yesterday. I read through the rules. They honestly aren't bad, except for the shapes representing movement. That is absolutely the dumbest thing ive seen in a war game in a while. Frankly, it makes reading the rules a bit confusing, especially at first.

The dice were cheap ass 12mm, which upset me more than it should for some reason. I haven't started building anything yet, but Ill probably get to it this afternoon. My son wants to play before he goes back to school on the 7th, so I definitely want to get it done. 

Plastic Krieg is pretty cool. Maybe I need an Astra Militarum force. Those baneblades also make me smile.

• 3 weeks later...

428kMWwoXSF4yIRJ.jpg

Not Killteam, but I am looking forward to this. I have loads of shame in my hobby room. Marines left over from boxes like Indomitus. I think I shall turn them into a dread heavy force of Black Templars. I already have a blood angels army, this seems like an excellent counterbalance to that, no psykers and all that.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, Kal-El814 said:

I have a lot of hobby respect for anyone who can make mostly black armor look interesting, those big pieces of armor would expose every area where my skills are lacking and those are many.

Base coating with an airbrush has made my life so much easier. Blacks, whites and yellows gave me massive problems before I owned one.

14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Base coating with an airbrush has made my life so much easier. Blacks, whites and yellows gave me massive problems before I owned one.

I’ve spent most of my time painting Imperial Assault and Legion since I’ve taken painting up again, so lots of Stormtroopers. For them I’ve just defaulted to priming in pure white, then painting the black details and using Apothecary White Contrast to get some shadows next to the ridges of the armor. It’s fast, looks good up close and from a playing distance, and it doesn’t make me want to jump off a cliff. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, Kal-El814 said:

I have a lot of hobby respect for anyone who can make mostly black armor look interesting, those big pieces of armor would expose every area where my skills are lacking and those are many.

Wish me luck. I am starting 30k Raven Guard. Will eventually do Dark Angels and Iron Hands. Also doing Blood Angels at the same time so I can have a different color to work on. 

Working on my first tactical squads. I hope the rumor of plastic Mk6 are real. Though I'd buy FW.

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Wish me luck. I am starting 30k Raven Guard. Will eventually do Dark Angels and Iron Hands. Also doing Blood Angels at the same time so I can have a different color to work on. 

Working on my first tactical squads. I hope the rumor of plastic Mk6 are real. Though I'd buy FW.

I'm still working on a batch of Rebel Vets for Legion I started painting like a year ago... COVID and breaking my leg had the opposite effect on painting that I'd hoped. I'm chipping away and getting back in the saddle, though. I still have enough plastic that if I retired today I'd be set for months, so... whatever :p

On 10/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, Zaku3 said:

Nice. I have Alpha Legion and Custodes 30k forces.

What I really want is plastic 30k, I hate working with resin pieces, cutting and cleaning them up sucks.

On 10/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, Kal-El814 said:

I'm still working on a batch of Rebel Vets for Legion I started painting like a year ago... COVID and breaking my leg had the opposite effect on painting that I'd hoped. I'm chipping away and getting back in the saddle, though. I still have enough plastic that if I retired today I'd be set for months, so... whatever :p

I had the same problem after knee surgery. I thought I'd be able to at least make a dent in my pile of shame, but no such luck.