Supernatural getting a prequel series.

Ackles2.png?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

'Supernatural' is eying a comeback at the CW with a new iteration, prequel The Winchesters centered on Dean and Sam Winchester's parents.

Honestly not sure how I feel about this. I loved Supernatural...well I love the original conceived 5 season arc of the show. That planned ending was perfect. Of course for the network it was a ratings hit so I understand them continuing on and while I don't think it ever matched that original story arc, I'll admit I still enjoyed the show and they had some truly classic episodes in later seasons. I just don't know how this prequel will work. I mean ion I remember the family history Mary's family were the hunters, rights? John didn't get into the hunting until after Mary was killed by the yellow eyed demon who was messing with Sam in his crib.

I actually never finished the show, stopping at season 11. Then my wife started the show having never seen it this year, and now she caught up and we're both on season 13. There are standout episodes and arcs and moments, though the show never truly recaptures the original 5 season arc, a lot of the jokes and banter in later seasons land because everyone inhabits their characters so thoroughly. But as to this idea?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47g09aiw2fiubydx57mn

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

a lot of the jokes and banter in later seasons land because everyone inhabits their characters so thoroughly. But as to this idea?

no doubt about that. Of course as being the characters for 15 years it would be kind of hard not too. Yeah I can't believe this bailed on the wayward sisters spinoff idea and yet decided to go with this. 

Yeah I thought they covered most of the history already, with time traveling and the whole Men of Letters thing. Maybe it will turn back into a "monster of the week" type of show instead of being filled with angel/demon stuff. I'll check it out but this feels like a quick fan grab.