NYP reporter resigns after writing fake story about Kamala Harris, says she was "forced" to write the story

6088a0b73f0560001881c6d3?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The Post temporarily deleted Italiano's two stories on Tuesday and republished altered versions hours later with editor's notes.

Earlier on Tuesday, the Post temporarily deleted Italiano's two stories on the topic and republished altered versions hours later with editor's notes. 

"An announcement: Today I handed in my resignation to my editors at the New York Post," Laura Italiano tweeted on Tuesday evening. "The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point." 

Italiano's cover story last Friday titled, "Kam On In: Solo kids at border welcomed with copy of veep's book," falsely reported that migrant children were provided with "welcome kits" that included Harris' 2019 book. The story was void of evidence supporting that claim, which appeared entirely based on a Reuters photo showing a single copy of the book propped against a backpack on a table at the Long Beach, California, migrant shelter.