Britain Has a Russia Collusion Scandal Now. It Looks Exactly Like Trump’s.

Months before the United States narrowly elected Trump, the United Kingdom narrowly elected to withdraw from the European Union. Both votes advanced Russian foreign policy goals — in the latter case, by splitting up the Western alliance. (Trump has energetically pursued this strategy, too.) Russia employed many of the same tools to influence both elections. It deployed social-media bots and trolls to spread its message. It recruited friendly candidates who gave voice to previously marginal Russophile positions. And, as the newly surfaced evidence suggests, it indirectly financed the campaign.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/britains-russia-collusion-scandal-looks-just-like-trumps.html

I think it's pretty much self admitted at this point the whole point of the Russian investigation is to find the smoking gun on Trump that either gets him impeached, or is so damaging it completely tanks the Republicans in the 2018 midterm and then bounces him in 2020. 

Or maybe, just maybe, sometimes I like to see the other side presented. 

Yep, I'm sure that's the whole motivation for the registered Republican, Robert Mueller, who was appointed by the Republican and Trump appointee, Rod Rosenstein. 

Couldn't be because there's tons of evidence that Russia meddled in the election to help Trump win and people associated with his campaign helped them out. 

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Or maybe, just maybe, sometimes I like to see the other side presented

The other side is "WITCH HUNT NO COLLUSION BUT IF THERE WAS COLLUSION ONLY THE DEMOCRATS COLLUDED AND COLLUSION ISN'T ILLEGAL ANYHOW." 

Truly a riveting counterpoint. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I think it's pretty much self admitted at this point the whole point of the Russian investigation is to find the smoking gun on Trump that either gets him impeached, or is so damaging it completely tanks the Republicans in the 2018 midterm and then bounces him in 2020. 

Or maybe, just maybe, sometimes I like to see the other side presented. 

What does “pretty much self admitted” mean?