VGC - M-Two's (RE3 Remake) role in the development of RE4 Remake has been "significantly reduced," Division 1 taking over the reins, may release 2023

SaysWho?

resident-evil-4-remake.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Capcom Division 1 brought in as newcomer M-Two sees role reduced…

The company contributed to the development of 2020’s RE3 remake, with Minami taking on an executive producer role, but the start-up’s main purpose was always to lead the next, bigger remake, Resident Evil 4.

However, multiple sources have indicated that, following a key project review late last year, it was decided that M-Two’s role on RE4’s remake would be significantly reduced. Capcom’s Division 1 – the internal team responsible for Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games – has now been brought in to lead the RE4 project, VGC understands.

It’s believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two’s reduced role involved the studio’s desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3’s remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans’ disappointment.

Capcom’s production team, however, is said to prefer a direction which would see RE4’s remake inspired by the original, but with its own unique take on features, story elements and environments not necessarily confined to the blueprint of the original, similar to Resident Evil 2‘s use of Mr. X.

Sources said that the Resident Evil 4 Remake would now be partially rebooted under the new mandate, which could see its release delayed by as much as a year to 2023.

This kind of direction change is not uncommon within Capcom, the people said, and both Resident Evil 2 and 3 are said to have experienced similar overhauls during their development.

• SaysWho? changed the title to VGC - M-Two's (RE3 Remake) role in the development of RE4 Remake has been "significantly reduced," Division 1 taking over the reins, may release 2023

I am still unsure about RE4 remake. I find RE4 a classic. One of the few SP games I replay. I know some people don't like the later levels so maybe the goal should be improved the parts people don't like as much. 

Wish Mikami was involved sucks he declined. 

It’s believed that the disagreements that led to M-Two’s reduced role involved the studio’s desire to stick faithfully to the template of the original Resident Evil 4, partly influenced by backlash to Resident Evil 3’s remake, which did not include significant portions of the original PlayStation game, much to fans’ disappointment.

I don't understand this logic. It's obvious by what has been typed here that people didn't like that there was a ton of missing content, not that the content was "different." If the dev's take-away from a good chunk of the game being missing upsetting fans was "Well we have to slavishly remake RE4 as it was because fans didn't like change" then they're so fucking dumb that it's good they were removed, because clearly there's not a single functioning brain cell in their team. It's not like they replaced any of the missing content in RE3, it just wasn't there. Not a hard fucking mystery to solve, geez.

13 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I don't understand this logic. It's obvious by what has been typed here that people didn't like that there was a ton of missing content, not that the content was "different." If the dev's take-away from a good chunk of the game being missing upsetting fans was "Well we have to slavishly remake RE4 as it was because fans didn't like change" then they're so fucking dumb that it's good they were removed, because clearly there's not a single functioning brain cell in their team. It's not like they replaced any of the missing content in RE3, it just wasn't there. Not a hard fucking mystery to solve, geez.

Right? I didn't even buy it because of the missing content. I bought RE2 (which I need to get to, but my backlog is miles long) right away, because it did what I wanted. I can't understand how they thought removing content was ok, and how their takeaway was people don't like change.