Kickstarter Launched for Frosthaven -- Follow-up to Gloomhaven

AbsolutSurgen

• 3 weeks later...

My friends and I played about 18 scenarios in Gloomhaven in 2018, but put it away for 2019 as it was dominating too much table time. However, we all bought Tabletop Simulator this week and played a round online (new campaign with random unlocked characters) and are enjoying it again! I don't think we'll be getting this, as we'll likely never exhaust the original anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Anzo said:

Looking into backing this and adding the original Gloomhaven as well. Overkill? Seems like we could get our jollies out of the original over the summer while we wait for the new one. 

Whether or not it's overkill really depends on your group, I think. A "normal" playthrough will probably be 50+ missions. My group shoots the shit a lot as we play and we don't play Gloomhaven exclusively, so we're probably a year+ / 20+ missions in. If your team binges multiple missions per session and plays a few times a week, you'll go through it more quickly.

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Whether or not it's overkill really depends on your group, I think. A "normal" playthrough will probably be 50+ missions. My group shoots the shit a lot as we play and we don't play Gloomhaven exclusively, so we're probably a year+ / 20+ missions in. If your team binges multiple missions per session and plays a few times a week, you'll go through it more quickly.

In all likelihood it will be my 15 year old and I (he’s big into D&D). Maybe my 10 year old but it might be too complex for him. My 12 year old daughter that’s said she would probably do a couple missions with us. Maybe she’ll get hooked though!