PC Not Powering On

Pikachu

Just as the title says. After pressing the power button, everything powers on for a second before completely shutting down. There does not seem to be any cables or parts that are loose inside my case. I replaced the power supply about 6 months ago as well. Any fixes I can try or is my 7.5  year old PC just gone at this point?

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Just as the title says. After pressing the power button, everything powers on for a second before completely shutting down. There does not seem to be any cables or parts that are loose inside my case. I replaced the power supply about 6 months ago as well. Any fixes I can try or is my 7.5  year old PC just gone at this point?

Firmly reseat your RAM and see of that makes a difference. If your Mobo has an LED error code panel write it down the code as it shutdown and try to look that up. 

Do a visual inspection of the motherboard, particularly around the CPU socket.  Look for burn marks or a busted capacitor.  Use your nose as well to smell around.  Smell the PSU too, and if you can test your power supply in another PC then try that just to rule it out.

Would probably be a good idea to take off the CPU heatsink while you do this, and check on the thermal paste.  Perhaps it dried out if you've never replaced it, or maybe the heatsink has just come a little bit loose.