Recently switched to Windows 10, why is is acting so slow?

darkness35

I recently switched to Windows 10 after Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7, but for some reason there's numerous optimization issues I have with using the OS.  Some of the checklist of things I have issues with:

• After leaving my PC on for more than 24 hours the system gets significantly slower
  • Sometimes there are issues with graphical glitches with videos
  • Dragging windows from one monitor to the other lagging.
  • Not being able to hold and drag full screen windows from one monitor to the other unless windows are un-maximized.
  • PC shut down not a full shut down, and some start-up programs don't start up properly

There are a few others I'm forgetting to mention.  I will say that I did upgrade directly from Windows 7 without doing a full clean reinstallation, including drivers and programs.  I'm not sure if that has to do with any possibility of why my computer is acting slower than usual.  I'd like to see if there are some missing steps in how to improve OS optimizing.

I’ve always found 10 to be somewhat slower than 7 on the same machine, but not seemingly to the degree you’re experiencing. A clean install sounds like a good starting point to work through the issue.

16 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

There are a few others I'm forgetting to mention.  I will say that I did upgrade directly from Windows 7 without doing a full clean reinstallation, including drivers and programs.  I'm not sure if that has to do with any possibility of why my computer is acting slower than usual.  I'd like to see if there are some missing steps in how to improve OS optimizing.

If you havent updated your drivers after changing OS you bound to have problems.

21 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

K

When it begins to bog down are you able to see which process are running and what your CPU usage at?

Via Task Manager yes.  Also not sure if this as addressed, but shutting down my PC doesn't fully shut down everything.  Earlier for some reason Word and Firefox reopened after booting my PC back up without prompt