Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Overcooked 2 to be added to PS Now in January

SaysWho?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/12/17/horizon-zero-dawn-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-and-more-join-ps-now-in-january/

Don’t forget to check out December’s lineup of games including PUBG, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, and Formula 1 2019, which are available until March 2, 2020. You can also catch up on Persona 5 and Middle-Earth: Shadow of War through February 3, 2020.

If you haven’t tried PlayStation Now yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial* for PS4 and PC. Download the more than 300 PS4 (and PS2) games in the service to play on your PS4 or PS4 Pro system, or stream any of the 800+ PS2, PS3, and PS4 games to your PS4 or PC. And with our new low prices, you can jump into the action for just $9.99 monthly** or $59.99 yearly***.

ps-now-november-drop-facebook-1280x720-i

Over the span of 3 or so years I have tried out Now several times. 

The first two times I was pretty underwhelmed with the results. Mostly that streaming the games always felt like a second rate experience. The lag, even if not breaking the game, made all but the most slow paced games fairly unenjoyable.

Even after some of the more recent improvements like making PS4 games downloadable, lowering the price to $9.99 per month, and working in these premium games every month I hesitated to try it out again. But I am glad I gave it a try. All the improvements are great, and even the streaming seems improved to me(though still not quite up to playing a copy of the game on the actual system).

I think when my month is up in January I am going to get the full year.

I signed back up for it, but honestly, I just need to cancel it again. I already own most of the exclusives I'm interested in, like Uncharted, Horizon ZD and God of War, and there's a big overlap with Game Pass on the ones I don't. The games left over are quirky Japanese or indie games that don't appeal to me, or streaming PS3 games like the old Ratchet and Clanks that I struggle to stay interested in.

Not saying there's anything wrong with the service, but right now I just can't find enough there to justify it.