Robin Hood Trailer #1

This looks entertaining enough. I love the main cast. Vibe kind of reminds me of the latest King Arthur movie. 

But is there some kind of rule in Hollywood that we can’t get any kind of direct adaptation of English folklore? Can’t we get a straight up telling of the Robin Hood and King Arthur stories? It’s been what 40+ years since we got one for Arthur and 20+ for Robin Hood. 

51 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

This looks entertaining enough. I love the main cast. Vibe kind of reminds me of the latest King Arthur movie. 

But is there some kind of rule in Hollywood that we can’t get any kind of direct adaptation of English folklore? Can’t we get a straight up telling of the Robin Hood and King Arthur stories? It’s been what 40+ years since we got one for Arthur and 20+ for Robin Hood. 

I really enjoyed the new King Arthur movie, but a lot of that was thanks in large part to veteran auteur director Guy Ritchie.

I hope this is good, but I don't think it will be as it has two completely unknown and untested writers writing it (not a writing duo either, separate from each other) and a TV director making his very first feature film. We'll see I guess. 

I liked King Arthur as well. The pursuit through town was one of the more creative and thrilling chase scenes in recent years (going back to Bourne Identity). It was Ronin tier, but on foot. Rest of the film was a bit mixed.

This looks entertaining, enough. You can't really spoil Robin Hood, but I do feel like I've seen most of the film now. :lol: I'll see it, but probably not in theaters.