Retail Apocalypse

On 6/7/2019 at 9:29 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah I've been picking up my groceries on the way home at Kroger using click list. It's great because I get to review the veggies and fruits they pick out to make sure they're good enough, and get the turnaround in a couple of minutes if there's an issue. And, if they screw up or something isn't available, I can get a good deal on something similar (even if we don't need it). For example we got some ricotta and ordered a 16oz tub of it (for lasagna) but they only had a 32oz. We got the 32oz for the 16oz price. Just gotta figure out what to do with it before it goes bad.

Can always make either a 2nd lasagna or a batch of stuffed shells/manicotti and freeze it in (will hold for up to 3 months) then just pull out, thaw, & bake! I always do a double batch of whatever filled pasta dish I decide to make to cut down on the hassle & price!

Also, as for Barnes & Noble and even Borders, there's something about going into a book store and perusing options to buy that also encourages its customers to have a seat, grab a coffee, and read wherever before buying. You definitely do not get any of that from either holding an e-reader, or browsing Amazon's site.

I never buy produce from Aldi because it's just not as good as Publix's produce. I'd rather pay a bit more for higher quality produce. Some of it I get from BJ's Warehouse, though, which has some good produce selections and just a ton of great food options.

16 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Also, as for Barnes & Noble and even Borders, there's something about going into a book store and perusing options to buy that also encourages its customers to have a seat, grab a coffee, and read wherever before buying. You definitely do not get any of that from either holding an e-reader, or browsing Amazon's site.

I wish more libraries in general leased out cafes.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

it's just not as good as Publix's

That goes for pretty much all of their fresh products. They are the only major retailer (that I have access to) that still hand cuts/grinds all of their beef, and most of their pork.

1 minute ago, Iculus said:

That goes for pretty much all of their fresh products. They are the only major retailer (that I have access to) that still hand cuts/grinds all of their beef, and most of their pork.

YES! Some of their stuff is overpriced, but some stuff you really get what you pay for.

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

YES! Some of their stuff is overpriced, but some stuff you really get what you pay for.

For sure. Their BOGOs are amazing as well. Especially outside of Florida where you don't have to actually by two of something. Terrible place to work, though. I was a deli manager for years, and they burn their managers to the ground.

2 minutes ago, Iculus said:

For sure. Their BOGOs are amazing as well. Especially outside of Florida where you don't have to actually by two of something. Terrible place to work, though. I was a deli manager for years, and they burn their managers to the ground.

I worked there 9 years and had a good time, tbh, BUT knowing people who do work there, they are WAY harder on their managers now than when I was there.

And their managers were stressed already.