Judges overturn West Point cadet's rape conviction, say they can't prove it was not consensual

Whisenhunt was accused of digitally penetrating the woman, and then raping her. Per the court documents, his "semen was found" inside her sleeping bag.

The woman said at the time that she "woke up to [Whisenhunt] penetrating her with his finger and then with his penis," and that she "remained frozen in the fetal position during the entire assault."

Whisenhunt's defense said that the sex was consensual, and his actions that night "were precipitated by a series of escalating and consensual touching."

https://taskandpurpose.com/west-point-rape-conviction

16 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

You could try summarizing the title instead of putting the entire article into it!

It looks like I accidentally pasted what I put into the body into the title field in addition to the actual title, which I'd already pasted in. :p

22 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Did not try to remove evidence....maybe because he knew he'd get away with it?

I mean, really? What does it take to get a sexual assault charge in the military?

Not much happens all the time. With NJP they don't even have to prove anything to find you guilty.