Office Suite, pros and cons?

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What are the pros and cons of posting it there instead of here? 🤔

I could be wrong, but there are probably more people who look at threads here, but they may generally be less likely to have used Office Suite. 

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

@Hurdyb1 Did you mean to post this here, or did you want it on the PC board? It's fine either way, just wondering what your preference is. :D 

I couldn't find the PC board in haste so I just posted here. I've only maybe posted one time in the PC board before. Mistake but for a real question.

16 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I couldn't find the PC board in haste so I just posted here. I've only maybe posted one time in the PC board before. Mistake but for a real question.

OK, I've moved the topic to the PC board, which is now under "General Gaming", but I left a link to the thread on The Asylum so that you hopefully get the most traffic. :) 

It's not as convenient but you can use the free web versions through hotmail/outlook.com (probably also other Microsoft webmail domains and even partners that use Microsoft's webmail for their email service) if all you want is to occasionally use word and excel files (powerpoint and some other stuff is available too). You can do the same with Google Sheets and Docs if you have gmail and not an outlook account. With gmail you can conveniently store your files in your Google drive and outlook.com defaults to OneDrive but you can also use Dropbox.

If you have a hotmail/outlook account or other account that uses hotmail/outlook click on the icon at the top left of the window to access the apps.

37 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

It's not as convenient but you can use the free web versions through hotmail/outlook.com (probably also other Microsoft webmail domains and even partners that use Microsoft's webmail for their email service) if all you want is to occasionally use word and excel files (powerpoint and some other stuff is available too). You can do the same with Google Sheets and Docs if you have gmail and not an outlook account. With gmail you can conveniently store you files in you Google drive and outlook.com defaults to OneDrive but you can also use Dropbox.

If you have a hotmail/outlook account or other account that uses hotmail/outlook click on the icon at the top left of the window to access the apps.

Excellent idea. Thanks