Intel unveils Future CPU road map and new fabrication process, Due H2 2019

Mr.Vic20

https://wccftech.com/intel-architecture-day-2018-raja-koduris-commentary-and-vision-for-intel/

Bonus fact, the next iteration of iGPU (integrated Graphics on CPU) will top 1 TFLOP for the very first time! This level of performance has been seen in SoC designs like the NUC, but its a first for a stand alone CPU. 

@stepee , Win GPD3 is looking promising! (2x the power of Win 2!)

Unless I missed it, it doesn't really say much about new CPU's.  We know that the .10nm IceLake is due in 2H next year (might look at it but until then, my 7700k is more than enough for gaming).  

Did it say much for Ice Lake, Vic?  Or is this all for 2020+ for the most part?

2 minutes ago, Mithan said:

Unless I missed it, it doesn't really say much about new CPU's.  We know that the .10nm IceLake is due in 2H next year (might look at it but until then, my 7700k is more than enough for gaming).  

Did it say much for Ice Lake, Vic?  Or is this all for 2020+ for the most part?

Anand has all the details.

It seems that Ice Lake will have Sunny Cove cores in it along with gen 11 graphics. The Anand article goes into a good bit of detail on Sunny Cove, much of which is over my head. Still, the bottom line is that it doesn't seem like we know enough to extrapolate what the expected performance delta will be between Skylake and Sunny Cove.

The graphics increase with gen 11 is nice, but their own demo of Tekken 7 still wasn't hitting a constant 30 FPS, so I don't think there's much to be too excited about.

I'm no expert, but there isn't anything here that feels like Intel is pushing hard enough to fend off the inevitable domination of ARM (at least for laptops). Qualcomm's 8cx probably won't be competitive this year, but that they're now building higher power chips purpose built for PCs is probably keeping Intel up at night.

While the GPU doesn't seem to impressive by modern standards, it will seem more so when they produce the inevitable "Y" and "M" CPU variants that will sip power and still deliver that performance. Sometimes progress isn't about pushing the high end higher, but rather bring the lowest end up!