The Rise & Fall of Puppet Cinema - A Patrick Willems Video Essay

I feel like the Muppets are sitting on a goldmine and they don't realize it. Their best movies are adaptations of classic works, such as A Christmas Carol and Treasure Island. They need to do more of these, where you have a single human actor playing it straight, and then a bunch of muppets for the satirical element. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

They keep trying to do something new with these characters and people don’t want it. The reason why the 2nd last movie worked so well was because of the nostalgia. I would love for them just to remake the classic Muppet Show again like in the movie. I’m sure plenty of guests would love to be on the show once again. Plus they better give me more BoBo The Bear. The last blue time they got anywhere close to the old show was when they Muppets Tonight with Clifford as the host. Hell I would love to see The Jim Henson Hour type of show return as well. I got excited last year when they started talking about rebooting The Storyteller. Just need a new storyteller since we lost both Hurt and Gambon. Give me Stephen Frye as potential replacement