Amazon to Invest in Diamond Sports

APNEWS.COM

Amazon will partner with Diamond Sports as part of a restructuring agreement as the largest owner of regional sports networks looks to emerge from bankruptcy.

The agreement with Diamond Sports’ largest creditors allows it to emerge from bankruptcy, continue operations and prevents a total collapse of the regional sports network system where the NBA, NHL and MLB would have to step in to take over production and distribution of most of their teams.

Last season, MLB had to take over production and distribution of the San Diego Padres and Arizona Diamondbacks after Diamond let rights payments to the Padres lapse and was unable to agree to an amended deal with the Diamondbacks.

Under the terms of the restructuring agreement, Amazon will make a minority investment in Diamond and enter into a commercial arrangement to provide access to Diamond’s content via Prime Video.

Customers will be able to access their local team’s content on Prime Video channels where Diamond has rights. Pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. Regional sports content will also remain available on cable and satellite providers.

Hmm wasn't I just saying Amazon should do something like this last week? 🤔

Good Bally Sports sucks ass. I wish a lifetime of misfortune on everyone who makes their suck ass streaming service.

Maybe big tech can finally fix the absolutely abysmal world of sports streaming.

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
APNEWS.COM

Amazon will partner with Diamond Sports as part of a restructuring agreement as the largest owner of regional sports networks looks to emerge from bankruptcy.

Hmm wasn't I just saying Amazon should do something like this last week? 🤔

Yes, you certainly did!

I wonder if a whole bunch of other regional sports networks suddenly took notice.

I want all the big sports to adopt something like the MLS /  Apple TV deal.

You pay $99 bucks* and you get all of Major League Soccer. Every game, every team, no blackouts of your home team, all playoff games... everything. One easy price without the content being spread across multiple services...

*It's also cheaper if you already subscribe to Apple TV. ($79) They have monthly offers too, but I don't remember the details.

Trying to stream the NHL is a total shit show. It sucks. It feels like they are actively trying to discourage peop[le from consuming their product.

• Like 1