Republicans are trying to find a new term for ‘pro-life’ to stave off more electoral losses

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.CNN.COM

Just when Beth and Kyle Long received the worst news of their life, an Ohio law made their searing pain even worse.

Tragic story made worse by so-called pro-life laws

I'm trying to think of a response that isn't pure snark but oh look, more proof that pro-life laws hurt those they say they're looking out for. Shit like this will scar families for years and possibly put them off ever having children. I've said it before but with all the shit my wife went though trying to have kids, if we lived in the states we would have given up after the first or second attempt over this kind of bullshit. Instead we have almost 2 year old and another due any day now.

Man even watching that news segment was triggering for me knowing what it's like to be in that position to say goodbye to a baby you couldn't have. :cry: I'm the only one in the family who actually held them (my wife was too scared to even see them).

• Hugs 5

9 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'm trying to think of a response that isn't pure snark but oh look, more proof that pro-life laws hurt those they say they're looking out for. Shit like this will scar families for years and possibly put them off ever having children. I've said it before but with all the shit my wife went though trying to have kids, if we lived in the states we would have given up after the first or second attempt over this kind of bullshit. Instead we have almost 2 year old and another due any day now.

Man even watching that news segment was triggering for me knowing what it's like to be in that position to say goodbye to a baby you couldn't have. :cry: I'm the only one in the family who actually held them (my wife was too scared to even see them).

I can’t even imagine how difficult even reading that article is for someone with a history with loss of a wanted pregnancy. It was almost too much for me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.CNN.COM

Just when Beth and Kyle Long received the worst news of their life, an Ohio law made their searing pain even worse.

Tragic story made worse by so-called pro-life laws

they claim to be “pro-life”, not anti-suffering. Suffering is a part of life. 

but seriously, I suspect a long time ago some might have been agreeable to the idea of there being some medical exceptions. But I think their brain broke even more as they felt cornered in some “gotcha” game with liberals. So they refuse to allow even 1 to slip through.