Favorite manga.

Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, Please Go Home, Akutsu-san!, A Story About Smoking At The Back Of The Supermarket, Dark Summoner to Dekiteiru, The Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsundere Girl Getting Less and Less Tsun Day by Day, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, The Eminence in Shadow

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Dandadan 

My pick for the next major breakthrough anime whenever someone has the confidence to actually attempt it. This and Sakamoto Days is some of the best action Shonen Jump has put on paper in years.

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

Yancha Gal no Anjou-san, Please Go Home, Akutsu-san!, A Story About Smoking At The Back Of The Supermarket, Dark Summoner to Dekiteiru, The Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsundere Girl Getting Less and Less Tsun Day by Day, Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, The Eminence in Shadow

I really do like these so much. I think Sono Bisque Doll should get a mention here. It sort of fits the theme.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I think Sono Bisque Doll should get a mention here. It sort of fits the theme

I don't hate it, but there was like 10 chapters in a row in the karaoke place with every character in cosplay and I couldn't even tell who was talking and I kinda lost interest. I'm waiting until it actually picks back up. Pretty much only interested in seeing Gojo and Marin. All of these extra characters suck. 

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't hate it, but there was like 10 chapters in a row in the karaoke place with every character in cosplay and I couldn't even tell who was talking and I kinda lost interest. I'm waiting until it actually picks back up. Pretty much only interested in seeing Gojo and Marin. All of these extra characters suck. 

Going back and rereading those chapters after the fact makes it a much easier read. Go read Church of Potteto's scans. You're missing out on some fantastic happy Marin faces.

25 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

@Bacon I hope you've read Horimiya. The manga already ended, but it just came to mind because a new season of the anime started today. It's one of my all time favorite shonen romcoms.

I read a lot of it. I know I read a bit after where they banged for the first time. I recall many readers were surprised by the sex, many seemingly almost unhappy. And then I think because their romance was more or less over in terms of progression/solidified, it moved on to their friends with the main couple being the centerpiece, but I lost interest. I enjoyed what I read but I don't think I'll get much more out of the ending. I did skim thru the last few chapters and it was basically what I expected.

Edit:

lol, I guess I didn't read a lot of it as chapter 37 is around where I left off. I read more than that, but not much more.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I read a lot of it. I know I read a bit after where they banged for the first time. I recall many readers were surprised by the sex, many seemingly almost unhappy. And then I think because their romance was more or less over in terms of progression/solidified, it moved on to their friends with the main couple being the centerpiece, but I lost interest. I enjoyed what I read but I don't think I'll get much more out of the ending. I did skim thru the last few chapters and it was basically what I expected.

Edit:

lol, I guess I didn't read a lot of it as chapter 37 is around where I left off. I read more than that, but not much more.

Why would anyone be upset about a couple having sex? That's wild. Kaguya-sama had one of the best post-sex scenes I've ever read in a a manga. It was great.

I brought it up because the first season of the anime covered the entire manga, but the second season is weird and just started. It's covering stories that the manga skipped, so it'll likely jump around in time a lot. The first episode of season 2 starts before they ever started even dating. The manga is based off a web comic and it really skipped a bunch of stuff to streamline the story. The web comic always put a ton of focus on the side characters to the point where I'm not sure I'd actually call them side characters. Like, they get even more attention than, say, Inuyama and Toyoda in Yancha Gal no Anjou-san.

• 4 months later...