Stranger Things Animated Series in Production at Netflix

Eleven-Vecna-Stranger-Things.jpg?w=1000&
VARIETY.COM

Netflix is continuing to build out the "Stranger Things" franchise, with the streamer ordering an animated series set within the world of the show.

“We’ve always dreamed of an animated ‘Stranger Things’ in the vein of the Saturday morning cartoons that we grew up loving, and to see this dream realized has been absolutely thrilling,” the Duffer brothers said in a statement. We couldn’t be more blown away by what Eric Robles and his team have come up with — the scripts and artwork are incredible, and we can’t wait to share more with you! The adventure continues…”

Sounds fine.

Seems like the show is mostly going out on top for creative reasons and an animated show seems like a good way to kind of reset the expectations every season has built of being bigger and better than the last.

Just make a fun little animated show for a while. Despite the mature themes of the show I think it is one that lends itself well to an animated show.

They will keep making Stranger Things stuff for a long time. It's a very safe bet that there will be multiple spin-offs. I think there are already multiple spin-offs in the works.

My guess is that it's going to get very silly very fast.

I still watch and enjoy the show for what it is now... but I truly miss the vibe and tone of season one. The show got very silly very fast.

I think I was joking in the main Stranger Things thread that if the show kept going past season 5, that somewhere around season 7 we would be seeing Eleven and the kids piloting a 4 story tall mech they built from carnival parts fighting a giant Godzilla sized demigorgon on the moon. That seems to be the trajectory they are currently on...

• True 1