Sorry about the spam posting... (will probably be long winded)

LionFranco

I know i've posted more in the past 20 minutes than i have in like, 5 years. But i just needed distractions today, and posting and being a bit goofy helps a little.

My dad will be 90 this year, but it doesnt look like he is going to make it to 90, and even though my dad and I havent always been on the best of terms, i saw him today, and it nearly broke me. I honestly thought i hated the man, but seeing him today, sitting in a wheel chair, not even recognizing me at first, going in and out of consciousness, i was just at a complete loss. It was 2 hours each way to reach him, yet i only managed to stay for 30 minutes or so before i couldnt handle it anymore.

So thats it, no it isnt an April Fools joke, i just needed to meddle, and i havent talked to most of you in forever, so yeah...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hugs 15

This is a fear that I have for the future and I don’t quite know how to say anything supportive due to that. I hope that I have the integrity you have and I’m brave enough to do the same thing in the coming years that you have done. That being make the incredibly difficult trip and also be honest about the reality of it.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:36 PM, LionFranco said:

I know i've posted more in the past 20 minutes than i have in like, 5 years. But i just needed distractions today, and posting and being a bit goofy helps a little.

My dad will be 90 this year, but it doesnt look like he is going to make it to 90, and even though my dad and I havent always been on the best of terms, i saw him today, and it nearly broke me. I honestly thought i hated the man, but seeing him today, sitting in a wheel chair, not even recognizing me at first, going in and out of consciousness, i was just at a complete loss. It was 2 hours each way to reach him, yet i only managed to stay for 30 minutes or so before i couldnt handle it anymore.

So thats it, no it isnt an April Fools joke, i just needed to meddle, and i havent talked to most of you in forever, so yeah...

I dunno if it makes you feel any better but reading your story makes me want to meet my father now. I just know a dude that last time I spoke to him was looking for a 25k business loan is borderline irredeemable. Not because he can't but he doesn't understand he hurts people and thus wouldn't want to change.

Guess a hypothetical trip to Buffalo if I have kids might not be a terrible in your face.

Yes I am saying your story makes me wish I could fix things with my father but I probably can't though. Grandkid doesn't hurt the situation I think.