More people need to be watching anime this coming spring season...

There has been some good anime this past season. I've been really enjoying both Trigun Stampede and, shockingly, the Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World. The latter looks way too much like the kind of anime I'd normally skip, but this series is absolutely bingeable. Both of are wrapping up later this week. Then only other anime I watched this season was Don't Toy with Me Nagatoro, which continues the disgustingly sweet wholesome streak it started mid-season one; along with The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady. What a stupid mouthful. That was a ton of fun with an actual lesbian romance. It's been years since I remember an anime with very clearly out in the open queer leads. Let's see what looks interesting for this coming season...

Hey, Dr Stone is back...

As is Gundam the Witch from Mercury...

As is Ranking of Kings...

MAPPA has Hell's Parade coming up and this one looks pretty good...

I've been meaning to read Oshi no Ko, but maybe I'll let the anime kick things off for me...

An actual lesbian romcom with Yuri is My Job? I'd wonder where all the gay ones are, but those manga and light novels are all getting live action adaptations...

Too Cute Crisis is such a dumb premise and would only make sense if it were about dogs. An alien comes down to destroy Earth but then discovers cats are awesome?

Some fun looking slice of life in Skip and Loafer...

I've also heard pretty good things about Insomniacs After School...

Looks like there's a little bit of something for everyone this coming season. Personally, I think I'll start with Gundam, Ranking of Kings, Oshi no Ko, and...Skip and Loafer? We'll see. Every season there's always some series that pops up and takes me by surprise.

19 minutes ago, Chris- said:

When will Uzukami finally come out?

Never. I think they were hoping the Junji Ito collection that came to Netflix this past season would distract people from the fact that it's 2023 and there has yet to be a new date even hinted at.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Uzumaki feels impossible to do outside of a manga.  Too much of it is already riding the razor’s edge of being goofy as shit, and without Ito’s precise style to pull it off, I just don’t see it happening.  

For what is worth, Production IG swears it's still in the works. I do agree, though. Uzumaki does seem impossible. I feel like they'd be better off reimagining the some of the imagery as a far more trippy and hallucinogenic. I should come out of an animated Uzumaki like I just took some bad shrooms. Unsettled, slightly confused, and unsure of what is real. I don't think a frame for frame adaptation would work.

• 2 weeks later...