I’m rewatching Supernatural, I honestly forgot how good it is

Spork3245

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

The episode following where it’s revealed that Sam came back from hell without his soul is hilarious. Sam’s deadpan insults to Dean were just too funny.

I think season 7 was my least favorite. You think you’re getting Castiel thinking he’s God himself thanks to all the souls he’s absorbed from Purgatory as the big bad, but then it’s the lame leviathans.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah season 7 is where the show really begun to dip for me. You get all this promise of Castiel being OP and instead they gimp that plotline for Leviathans and the show didn't regain its footing for some time.

Yup, this is exactly what I was talking about with the show feeling “planless” for long term post S5. Each season was more or less self contained with only the first and last eps of each season having some connection. Made the show feel aimless for awhile, IMO.

S6 had some decent ideas and episodes, like the Bobby episode, but it really fell apart in S7.

• True 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, Spork3245 said:

There's a handful of times that the show gets better, but it maybe gets to mid/late-Season 2 quality or Season 3 quality, never touching S4-S5 again, but that's only after they switch writers to someone competent that was clearly a fan of the show, and Kripke got (slightly) involved again. Don't ask me when the "real transition" actually happens, but I want to say it's maybe in the last 3-4ish seasons of the show. The finale it actually got is "fine", but the semi-downer finale from S5 would've been a near-perfect ending note, IMO. 

That Scooby Doo episode though... my god. Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I forgot if I asked is thr Scooby episode stand alone enough my mom could watch and enjoy it? Ignore this post if I did and I forgot.