After 15+ years Crysis updated with 64-Bit binaries on Steam

Hand76

So while going though my Steam collection and playing a bunch of older games that I beat back in the day but never on Steam I finally got around to the original Crysis.

Turns out they updated the game in January and officially added 64-bit support! Crazy man just crazy

Of course the game still won't play and will just crash because fuck you that's why.

But for anyone interested the 2nd and 3rd steps here take 1 minute to do and will get you up and running.

• Shocked 1

• Hand76 changed the title to After 15+ years Crysis updated with 64-Bit binaries on Steam
22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Also, if you have game pass ultimate, the remastered version is available to destroy your 4090 via the EA app @Mr.Vic20 @stepee

I may one day get the trilogy remastered but I've heard mixed opinions.

Is it 2 and 3 that have basically been remastered from the console version? So backwards 😂

1 minute ago, Hand76 said:

Is it 2 and 3 that have basically been remastered from the console version? So backwards 😂

All 3 are on GP Ultimate now. I think it may have been part of the first one that was remastered from the console versions, but they fixed it? I don't remember.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

Crysis 2 Remastered fucking rules. They did a great job and it still looks amazing with all the work they did on it. 

@Spork3245 Crysis 1 Remastered actually runs at 60fps on a 4090 last I tried, almost locked!

• Like 1

Just now, Spork3245 said:

It was like 70-80 until the sun came up at the second beach area on the first level

Yeah I think when you are there, the game kind of has infinite level of detail stretching out to the mountain area way out there and it just kills the fps, I’ll have to check it again now. All these years later and I’m still doing this once a year lmao

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I think when you are there, the game kind of has infinite level of detail stretching out to the mountain area way out there and it just kills the fps, I’ll have to check it again now. All these years later and I’m still doing this once a year lmao

Oh, so it's basically broken?