Do you have moments that would have altered your life if they happened like 1 or 2 days before/after?

Fizzzzle

For example, I nearly got stuck in Italy at the start of COVID. I was staying in Rome with my little brother and his mom. COVID was just kind of starting to become a thing when I got to Italy, but most people didn't know how serious it was. By the time I left, the Milan airport and train station had shut down, and they shut down Rome probably 2 days after I left.

How much would my life be different now if I scheduled my flight home 2 days later than I did? I would have been stuck in Italy. Luckily, since I have family there, I wouldn't have been homeless, but like, getting home from Italy in 2020 would have been a difficult and probably expensive process, which I didn't have money for.

Do you have anything that makes you go "shit, if that had happened a few days before/after it did, my life would be completely different?"

I have another one, which is I shipped out for basic training the same day Osama Bin Laden was killed. We're talking about months instead of days in this scenario, but the army massively scaled back recruitment following the death of Osama. Had he been killed a mere ~2 months or so after he was, I probably would have been reclassed rather than discharged. From my understanding, they pretty much put a blanket ban on reclassification in the years following Bin Laden's death. And then, who knows? I'd probably still be in the army today.

Yes. Like a moment ago I saw this thread and was like nah don’t read it. It will probably be lame af. But in that instant I decided to give it a whirl and now I will never get back this minute and half in my life. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Yes. Like a moment ago I saw this thread and was like nah don’t read it. It will probably be lame af. But in that instant I decided to give it a whirl and now I will never get back this minute and half in my life. 

:lol:

I met my wife because she was supposed to go to China after graduating college but SARS hit and they cancelled the trip. 

Had she gone I'd likely be single and not have any kids.....

wait...is this supposed to make me happy or sad?

• Haha 3
  • Sicko Sherman 1