~Official thread of house closing and sucking bank dick~

Fizzzzle

On 2/5/2022 at 9:58 AM, sblfilms said:

One of the things I found out *at closing* is that they never verified my tax returns were legit.

What are we even doing here?

That stopped being a thing in the last year or so.  Fannie and Freddie just dropped the need for a p&l and business bank statements last week too lol.

20 hours ago, Ominous said:

That stopped being a thing in the last year or so.  Fannie and Freddie just dropped the need for a p&l and business bank statements last week too lol.

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

30 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I close on Friday! It's about time.

we had an hour delay AT closing because the numbers on the buyer and seller docs didn’t match for some reason 😬

Meanwhile I'm in loans trying to get rid of document requests and solve problems before you know they exist. The problem with underwriters that have never processed a loan is that they don't realize how big a pain in the ass requests are and they occasionally ask for shit they don't really need because they lack confidence in their own understanding of a guideline.

59 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Meanwhile I'm in loans trying to get rid of document requests and solve problems before you know they exist. The problem with underwriters that have never processed a loan is that they don't realize how big a pain in the ass requests are and they occasionally ask for shit they don't really need because they lack confidence in their own understanding of a guideline.

This rings very true from my conversations during the process

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This rings very true from my conversations during the process

If someone can't explain clearly why what you have doesn't work odds are they don't know what they're doing. Now you might not get why a rule is a rule, other than it's what the investor requires, but you should get a clear explanation as to what will satisfy the rule.