Crimes Of The Future Teaser Viggo Mortenson/Kirsten Stewart

In the film, “As the human species adapts to a synthetic environment, the body undergoes new transformations and mutations. With his partner Caprice (Léa Seydoux), Saul Tenser (Viggo Mortensen), celebrity performance artist, publicly showcases the metamorphosis of his organs in avant-garde performances.

“Timlin (Kristen Stewart), an investigator from the National Organ Registry, obsessively tracks their movements, which is when a mysterious group is revealed… Their mission – to use Saul’s notoriety to shed light on the next phase of human evolution.”

This is Cronenberg so come for the body horror

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to share this before posting my thoughts.

I had gone to see this film on Sunday and there was roughly a dozen or so people in total, half of which walked out before the end. Those of us who stayed, all were talking after about "WTF did we just watch!?" I wouldn't necessarily call it a head scratcher, its just that there is A LOT going on with this film. It's what is enduring within the dermis if you will as opposed to the immediate outer layer. While I am still in my own way giving it an autopsy in my mind, piece by piece breaking down its nuances, I have to say that this film has not left my mind for a moment all these days later. Its quite topical in relation to body autonomy, who regulates our bodies, what we as a species are doing to cohabitate with one another & our environments. In fact, the more I find myself pondering the myriad of topics tackled & presented, the more I feel as though I need to re-watch it again actually. This is not for everyone, it IS a slow burn to the point where the numerous plots don't fully come together until well after the halfway point. That being said though, there's a growing piece inside of me that genuinely loves 'Crimes of the Future' more each day!