Computer froze.

38 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

OS ? PC specs? Did you enable cookies?

I use Windows 10.

I could still move the mouse, I just couldn't click on anything until I turned the monitor on and off.

Someone suggested I look at Event Viewer, I looked at Event Viewer, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Someone on another site said that it sounded like a GPU problem, but I looked at DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and it said "No problems found", and I looked at Performance on Task Manager, and my GPU seems to be running fine.

14 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

I use Windows 10.

I could still move the mouse, I just couldn't click on anything until I turned the monitor on and off.

Someone suggested I look at Event Viewer, I looked at Event Viewer, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Someone on another site said that it sounded like a GPU problem, but I looked at DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and it said "No problems found", and I looked at Performance on Task Manager, and my GPU seems to be running fine.

That does not sound like a GPU issue, to me it sounds like a codec, browser extension, or some other software issue. I'm also not sure how turning a monitor off and one might intersect with the issue. 

Yeah this sounds like a software/driver issue of some kind. 

What's do you see installed in the Device Manager (Windows Key + X, then 'M') under "Display Adapters"?  And if you right click the item under Display Adapter and select Properties and go to the Driver tab, what do you see?

Have you recently installed any new software? 

Does it behave this way anywhere else or only in YouTube? Does it matter which browser you're using or does it always freeze no matter what? Are you still hearing audio but just getting no video? 

4 hours ago, Nokra said:

Yeah this sounds like a software/driver issue of some kind. 

What's do you see installed in the Device Manager (Windows Key + X, then 'M') under "Display Adapters"?  And if you right click the item under Display Adapter and select Properties and go to the Driver tab, what do you see?

Have you recently installed any new software? 

Does it behave this way anywhere else or only in YouTube? Does it matter which browser you're using or does it always freeze no matter what? Are you still hearing audio but just getting no video? 

It only happens in YouTube. I always use Chrome, so I don't know if it happens on other browsers.

I still hear audio, the video just isn't moving.

On 2/15/2022 at 3:18 AM, CastletonSnob said:

It only happens in YouTube. I always use Chrome, so I don't know if it happens on other browsers.

I still hear audio, the video just isn't moving.

Have you tried updating your drivers? What extensions do you have installed in Chrome?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a minute ago, I couldn't click on any tabs in the window I had open or scroll my mouse, so I went into the other window, and I was able to click on tabs.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Maybe that'll fix the problem.

I used Device Manager to check for updates, and everything is fine. I also updated Windows.

I guess it's not a driver problem.