NeoGeo Pocket Color Selection Vol. 1 - Out Now on Steam!

Keyser_Soze

These games won't be the same without the awesome thumb stick with microswitches. Anyone around here ever use the PDP Versus? Looking around, it seems like it might be the only such controller on the market that isn't a Neo Geo CD gamepad or the Playstation version of the CD pad; all going for way more money than I want to spend.

Ayyyy we all going to have retroarch installed on the deck, maybe if they didn’t separate the best game (match of the millennium) which they also released today for $8. 

$40 for 10 games is okay I guess? For these types of games, it should just be the whole collection for $40, all of their ngpc games. 

That’s what bugs me bout these super content light collections we get. It’s crazy how they have gotten to be a lot less for your money than they used to back in the ps2/3 days. 

Like i’ve probably had the roms and ability to play the entire collection for over 20 years now. For classic game collections, I want them to to be substantial, to be a real COLLECTION, not just a bundle of 3 games or whatever. Give me a group of 30-40 games and you have my attention even with a higher price, especially if you have unlocks, art, history, videos, trivia etc 

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

you have my attention even with a higher price, especially if you have unlocks, art, history, videos, trivia etc 

But you can look at the game case in 3D!

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ayyyy we all going to have retroarch installed on the deck, maybe if they didn’t separate the best game (match of the millennium) which they also released today for $8. 

$40 for 10 games is okay I guess? For these types of games, it should just be the whole collection for $40, all of their ngpc games. 

That’s what bugs me bout these super content light collections we get. It’s crazy how they have gotten to be a lot less for your money than they used to back in the ps2/3 days.

Also, for me. I have no issue with them releasing MotM separately for $8 because when it comes down to it, this is pretty much the game to own for the system and it's less than $10 so I think that's actually a good price.

As for this collection I think it is decently priced $40 is bordering on maybe too much but get it now and you only pay $31. The sweet spot would obviously be $30. But I'd rather they do it this way instead of release a huge collection for more. I mean other than Card Fighter's Clash what more could you want?

Also, you're one of the few people on this board who will pay anything for any game no matter what is there so it's strange to see you recently harp on the value of games. You thought Cruisin wasn't worth $40 but I think it's actually well priced, and pretty much the same thing for this collection.

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

Like i’ve probably had the roms and ability to play the entire collection for over 20 years now. For classic game collections, I want them to to be substantial, to be a real COLLECTION, not just a bundle of 3 games or whatever. Give me a group of 30-40 games and you have my attention even with a higher price, especially if you have unlocks, art, history, videos, trivia etc 

I remember there was a period of time that SNK was selling a whole NGPC with like six games for around that much.

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But you can look at the game case in 3D!

Also, for me. I have no issue with them releasing MotM separately for $8 because when it comes down to it, this is pretty much the game to own for the system and it's less than $10 so I think that's actually a good price.

As for this collection I think it is decently priced $40 is bordering on maybe too much but get it now and you only pay $31. The sweet spot would obviously be $30. But I'd rather they do it this way instead of release a huge collection for more. I mean other than Card Fighter's Clash what more could you want?

Also, you're one of the few people on this board who will pay anything for any game no matter what is there so it's strange to see you recently harp on the value of games. You thought Cruisin wasn't worth $40 but I think it's actually well priced, and pretty much the same thing for this collection.

I still want there to be better value for the money of products even if I will buy them anyway myself.

I don’t think 10 old ngpc games on a PC platform is a great deal, I said it’s not a bad deal though. But my complaint is more that I want to launch one menu and to have a large selection with extras and 10 just isn’t large for me.

Cruisn is just such a specific niche it hits for me I don’t want to oversell it, and content wise it’s a little lacking for a game with no online multiplayer. Gimme mission mode.

• True 1