Playing RE Village when computer crashed. Now the game doesn't look right

Hand76

Was playing RE Village earlier and computer crashed. Figured it might have overheated. Cleaned things out and it booted right back up.

Started RE Village again and it was in a small window. Went into display to make it full screen and it's blurry and text almost impossible to read. 

When I brought up AMD overlay it said current resolution was too low for full screen experience. 

I tried old drivers, newest drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing. Am I missing a setting? Or the obvious here?

10 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

Was playing RE Village earlier and computer crashed. Figured it might have overheated. Cleaned things out and it booted right back up.

Started RE Village again and it was in a small window. Went into display to make it full screen and it's blurry and text almost impossible to read. 

When I brought up AMD overlay it said current resolution was too low for full screen experience. 

I tried old drivers, newest drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing. Am I missing a setting? Or the obvious here?

Have you tried playing another game to test if similar issues exist?

Going to install something else in the morning. 

Only other thing I can think of is to see if the resolution (in game) is set too low. Forget what it's called in this one. Think it's image quality or something but it's hard to read the text of options

I deleted everything out of my steam userdata folder (backed up my saved games first) and even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game I still had the same problem.

Today I lucky got smart and had to guesstimate where in game resolution was in settings and bump it up to native and the problem was fixed. It dropped it so low I couldn't read the text and just thought the problem was bigger than it was. 

Oh well back up and running. Thanks all

• 1 month later...