Final Fantasy XIV: DAWNTRAIL 6/28/24 - Yo-Kai Watch event is LIVE!

Bacon

I'm also not into statues, but I did get the Endwalker one because it was like the only Paladin merch of any game I've ever played. Gotta simp for Paladins, man. Well, except the D&D version where they're like super zealous and boring.

Anyway, figure I might as well get this one so I can make them kiss.

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yup. If you get to the purchase page the buttons do nothing!

you need this link

https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy-xiv_-dawntrail-collector_s-box

well not that link but the one with the game

edit: well I guess that is the link as the box doesn't "come" with the game. You get the digital code and the box

• Bacon changed the title to Final Fantasy XIV: DAWNTRAIL 6/28/24 - Pre-Order March 26th!!! Youkai Watch event is LIVE!
  • Bacon changed the title to Final Fantasy XIV: DAWNTRAIL 6/28/24 - Yo-Kai Watch event is LIVE!
  • 3 weeks later...

Picto looked wild, also the music was fucking fire, also the title screen looked great, also scholar got fucking wings?? And White Mage finally got the PvP dash I've been predicting we'd get for like a year now!

• Like 1

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Picto looked wild, also the music was fucking fire, also the title screen looked great, also scholar got fucking wings?? And White Mage finally got the PvP dash I've been predicting we'd get for like a year now!

Picto reminded me of DNC and I like DNC. Seems fun. If SMN didn't also level scholar, it'd be the first caster I'd level.

Also I've been joking for years about Black Mages getting a leash for their leylines so they can just drag them around since Yoshi-P plays BLM, and laughed my ass off when that's exactly what finally happened!

Man, I couldn't care less about the benchmark stuff. I don't think it will cure what people dislike about it most. 

FNtJ1Re.jpeg

Edit: I don't mind the update at all for my character, but no amount of lighting is going to change how old and sad he is now.

Very glad they added in XIVCombo as base functionality. Button bloat is real and I've been saying for years we could scale it back without pruning a single thing by having an option to combine abilities that combo into each other on a single button. Some small brain dipshits in chat talking about how it makes it "easy" as though hitting the same button twice versus hitting two different buttons when they only combo into each other anyway is hard or something. Maybe they have to hunt and peck to find their combo buttons and think that takes skill?

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Very glad they added in XIVCombo as base functionality. Button bloat is real and I've been saying for years we could scale it back without pruning a single thing by having an option to combine abilities that combo into each other on a single button. Some small brain dipshits in chat talking about how it makes it "easy" as though hitting the same button twice versus hitting two different buttons when they only combo into each other anyway is hard or something. Maybe they have to hunt and peck to find their combo buttons and think that takes skill?

Well, it seems like only some of XIVcombo is in. I still want the 123 to become 111 and I don't think it is.

Also, YP said fell cleave is never changing. Warrior fucking WON.

They need to either NERF the shit out of WAR or rework the other tanks to bring them up to par with WAR.  Because right now other than aesthetic there is little reason to use any other tank.

• Wrong 1

47 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Man, removing a Jump from Dragoon is pretty lame. Jumping is the job.

Well, less that they're removing the jump and more that it's been changed to a strictly movement ability, which I actually think adds some dynamism to the class. Every time a button does damage, it kind of "forces" people to use it as part of their rotation, including gap closers that do almost no damage at all. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Well, less that they're removing the jump and more that it's been changed to a strictly movement ability, which I actually think adds some dynamism to the class. Every time a button does damage, it kind of "forces" people to use it as part of their rotation, including gap closers that do almost no damage at all. 

I mean, you actually don't jump now. You dash, we saw it in the tailer.  I don't care about the damage. I care that a jump is gone. It's sad.

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I mean, you actually don't jump now. You dash, we saw it in the tailer.  I don't care about the damage. I care that a jump is gone. It's sad.

A dash is just a horizontal jump!

SMN getting another bahamut instead of something like Alexander is probably the biggest letdown of the trailer, along with still only having Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda. I was actually expecting the new big summon to change those three to Ramuh, Shiva, and Leviathan.

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

SMN getting another bahamut instead of something like Alexander is probably the biggest letdown of the trailer, along with still only having Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda. I was actually expecting the new big summon to change those three to Ramuh, Shiva, and Leviathan.

I think they're saving that for 8.0, since they said multiple times during the stream that 8.0 will have a much larger focus on making classes feel a lot more unique again. And they never talk about future expansions that early, at least not that I can recall.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I think they're saving that for 8.0, since they said multiple times during the stream that 8.0 will have a much larger focus on making classes feel a lot more unique again. And they never talk about future expansions that early, at least not that I can recall.

Maybe it will then. I always fear talk tho like that because I really like the way warrior is currently.

11 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm really hoping there's a major DRK update with that.  The current version of DRK doesn't feel like the classic Final Fantasy Dark Knight job at all other than aesthetically.  They clearly have someone on the team that knows what the job is supposed to be, because DRK's PVP actions are much closer to the traditional Dark Knight job than the PvE version.  The job, traditionally, is supposed to be about HP as a resource, DPS tied to health levels, life-tapping/absorbing from enemies, etc.  DRK's PvP skills follow this theme, but its PvE skillset is just generic burst DPS with dark themed skill names.  Generic.  Feels bad.