Neil Gaiman's "Anansi Boys" announced for Amazon Prime adaptation

Neil-Gaiman-Anansi-Boys.jpg?w=1000
VARIETY.COM

Amazon has ordered a series adaptation of the Neil Gaiman novel "Anansi Boys," Variety has learned.

The streamer has given the limited series a six-episode order with plans in place to begin shooting in Scotland later this year. First published in 2005, “Anansi Boys” follows Charlie Nancy, a young man who is used to being embarrassed by his estranged father, Mr. Nancy. But when his father dies, Charlie discovers that his father was Anansi: trickster god of stories. And he learns that he has a brother. Now his brother, Spider, is entering Charlie’s life, determined to make it more interesting but making it a lot more dangerous.

I gotta find my copy. I started to read this 8 years ago, went on a vacation to New Orleans, and started a different job when I got back. I got a ton of books to catch up on. I’m more surprised that InterWorld he co-wrote with Michael Reaves hasn’t been adapted, because that was the initial plan with the book. It was suppose to of been a tv series, series dropped from pickup and decided to write a book instead. Looks like they are 2 more to the series I gotta catch up on. It’s almost a Rick and Morty meets Marvel’s Multiverse. The main character has the power to jump between dimensions where he teams up with other versions of himself. Some are girls, rock creatures, robots and animals hybrids that range up and down the spectrum of these inter worlds. Where one side favours the mystic/magic and the other end is more science/technology. I remember liking the first and should track down the other 2.

Since I’m here and babbling about novels. I would love to see some streaming site pick up on Christopher Moore’s (as I dubbed it) San Francisco Chronicles. His stories are funny and beyond weird but take place in San Fran. Almost always some of his characters will be interacting with stories on other characters. Mostly brief encounters but would be cool to see how they could blend them all together.