Victoria 3 (25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: Paradox reports 500K units sold in 30 days

QuxyDG3xHVkgYoLt2koZRf-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Paradox's Victorian society sim is back.

victoria-3-slavery-and-colonisation.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

The Victoria 3 devs aren't shy about depicting the horrific sides of the Victorian era, but they're prepared to get it wrong

victoria-3-dlc-playable-nations.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

It's way too early to talk Vicky 3 DLC, but there's already some indications of what areas the devs want to focus on post-release

Victoria3-Hero5002.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Victoria 3 is set in what is perhaps one of the most interesting periods of history. From 1836-1936, the effects of the Industrial Revolution were still being felt as technology continued to march onw

Paradox on the revival of its long-dormant society builder series in Victoria 3 (Eurogamer)

Fans have been waiting almost a decade for word on a new instalment in Paradox Interactive's much-loved society building series, Victoria, but that day has finally arrived with the announcement of Victoria 3. It's still early days for this newest entry in the sprawling Industrial-Revolution-era grand strategy series, but we recently had the opportunity to chat with Victoria 3's game director Martin Anward and game designer Mikael Andersson to find out a little more.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 officially announced at PDXCON 2021
Victoria3-Hero500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Paradox Interactive fans are going to have to find a new meme; Victoria 3 has finally been announced, and while you could still shout "VICKY 3 WHEN?!" across the internet, we now know that the answer

victoria_3_1.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

After a gap so long the prospect of a sequel became a running gag, Paradox's nineteenth century strategy series is coming back at last with Victoria 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 - Information Thread, update: "Game Vision" trailer
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 - Information Thread, update: Monthly Updates July - September posted
  • 6 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 - Information Thread, update: Monthly Updates for October 2021 - April 2022 posted
  • 4 months later...

@Zaku3 - October 25 release announced

That is the real strength I found in Victoria 3: It wasn't just army sizes and damage stats when you were looking for numbers to improve. No, I was looking at numbers like jobs created, hammers manufactured, universities built, literacy rates, laws passed, political party approval, loyal citizens, and immigration stats.

It's broadly built around two backbones: Society and economy. Everything else stems from there, and is much more abstract than the manipulation you do around who does what, when, and how well they eat while they're doing it. To address that you engage with a deep and interesting economic simulation that's simultaneously less complex and more believable than others like it.

Qv5dSvBQr8ZYZbVYSTJWvB-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The peasants are revoltingly good!

The year is 1881 and I've turned the islands of Hawaii into an anarchist paradise that long ago disposed of the king. Our industries are modest, but they are all owned by the workers, giving us one of the highest standards of living in the world. For the most part, we did this without firing a shot.

Victoria 3 is, even more than its 2011 predecessor, a grand strategy game about shaping a society. Covering the years from 1836 to 1936 on a highly detailed world map, it models every single individual person alive at the time. That might sound absurd, but it's not an exaggeration. They're broadly organized by culture, religion, and profession into groups called "pops" that all get their own 3D portraits, but when you see that there are 4,361 Anglo-Canadian Protestant Machinists in Saskatchewan, that's not an abstracted figure. The Clausewitz engine is keeping track of all of those people, from their birth rate to literacy level to political preferences.

If characters are the core of Crusader Kings 3, pops are the core of Victoria 3. Not only do you need them to plow your fields, fight your wars, and work in your textile mills, they exert their influence on the political balance of your nation. At least, the educated ones do. And as the 1800s roll on, more and more of the lower and middle classes will become socially aware and politically active. You can certainly try to slow that down by passing draconian censorship laws and making schools only available to the wealthy but, as a certain Romanov learned in real life, you hold back the tide of history at your own peril.

victoria-3-preview.jpg
WWW.WARGAMER.COM

Victoria 3 brings the dense and complex historical simulation the series is known for, but this newer Paradox title is far easier to access.

If you’re really into your crunchy PC video games, you’re probably well aware by now that Paradox’s long-awaited historical grand strategy title Victoria 3 is on its way this October. If not, then now you know: game’s coming October 25. For a week and a bit I’ve been hanging around in the 19th Century in a Victoria 3 preview build, tinkering with trade routes, building nations, and fumbling my way through various minor calamities, while gradually getting to grips with a whole lotta systems and more nitty gritty stats and values than you can shake a Victorian gentleman’s walking cane at.

This is a Paradox title we’re talking about, so it perhaps goes without saying that after my first couple dozen hours of playtime, there’s still plenty I’ve not seen or fully grasped. I can say, though, that during my time with Victoria 3, I found it to be much the deep and engaging game series fans will be hoping for, but also one that is likely to ensnare a wider audience than its decade-old predecessor.

One reason for that, and no doubt the first thing you’ll notice upon booting up Victoria 3, is what an unusually pretty strategy game this is. It’s a joy to zoom into the world map and see so many meticulous terrain details, from forests to sparkly seas you’ll wish you could dive right into. The visuals aren’t static either – geysers erupt in Iceland, palm trees sway pleasantly in Polynesia, birds circle overhead all over the place. This isn’t purely window-dressing; the terrain mode provides a satisfying visual representation of how your nation is progressing. Buildings you construct show up, and as urbanisation spreads, settlements sprout as well.

victoria-3-preview-2.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

After hands on with Victoria 3 it seems that the complicated Pop system AI in the game is good enough to steer a national ship by itself...

I'm going to level with you: I'm not a GSG player. I play strategy, sure, but grand strategy has always been a bit beyond me. I'm a fundamentally un-grand person; I spend most days dressed like a 14-year-old fan of Tony Hawk, I do not like olives or scallops, and I'm unable to predict the consequences of actions if they exist outside of, say, a 12 month timeframe. A game like Victoria 3, where the whole point is making decisions that have country-wide effects and outcomes years in the future, is essentially operating in a different language to any I understand.

I'm trying to learn new languages, though, so it's not an unwelcome challenge. The problem is that previewing Victoria 3 is quite an advanced level to dive in, the Paradox GSG equivalent of being a live translator for a UN summit when you're only just about able to read the French version of The Famous Five. In a presentation before I and others were let loose on the better part of a week with the game, it was claimed that Victoria 3 is the best yet for onboarding newcomers, with a deep and detailed tutorial system. And to that I say: kinda. Luckily, the AI in Victoria 3 is so advanced it's better at playing the game than I am.

victoria-3-impressions-victory-1080p-cro
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

Victoria 3 impressions: Paradox captures the optimism of the 19th century in its latest strategy game - and its political tumult - with practised elegance

Thinking back on the time I spent forming my Victoria 3 impressions with a preview build of Paradox’s forthcoming grand strategy game about the 19th century, there are some definite highlights: enacting some early voting rights legislation in Sweden, reforming the Brazilian tax code, and abolishing slavery in the United States without triggering a bloody civil war. You set out in Victoria 3 with grand ambitions, but what I found was that in the moment-to-moment play, what I spent most of my time doing was building things.

There’s always something that needs building. I want trains to reach my iron-rich provinces, I need more universities to produce more qualified applicants for technical jobs, more ports to handle my trading routes that bring in materials I can’t produce and ship out the goods I’m selling abroad to make up for my constantly ballooning construction budget. I need more logging camps, more barracks, more tool shops, more farms.

Victoria 3 is not simply a building game, however. As game director Martin Anward explains to me, it’s a game about agency. No matter which nation you choose to lead in Victoria 3, it’s going to be full of different kinds of people, each with their own goals, abilities, and checks on your own exercise of supreme power. As circumstances in your country change, these groups will by turns find common cause with one another or find themselves at cross purposes. Figuring out how much power you have, and how much you’ll need to cooperate with those groups, is at the heart of Victoria 3.

Victoria-3-2-2000x1270-1.jpg
WWW.NME.COM

'Victoria 3' may lack the character drama of 'Crusader Kings', but it's shaping up to be a staggeringly complex society simulator.

Victoria 3 might just have the best tutorial I’ve ever seen in a strategy game before. It’s not just down to the detailed ‘Tell Me How’ step-by-step that follows each objective. It’s not even because of the brilliant nested tooltips, each a glossary link, similar to the equally inviting Crusader Kings 3. It’s something that feels so obvious, and yet so perfect, that I’m shocked I’ve never seen it presented like this before: Just below the ‘Tell Me How’ button is another that reads ‘Tell Me Why’ – providing context, not just instructions, for your earliest steps into this vast society simulator.

“Crusader Kings 3 raised the bar for accessibility, which is of course something we want to do,” says game director Martin Anward. “We want to be able to make a really deep, complicated economic simulator. But we also want people to be able to play it!”

First announced last May at PDXCON, Victoria 3 is the follow-up to Paradox’s 2010 grand strategy, also set in the hundred year period between 1836 and 1936. In the twelve years since, the studio’s famously granular and complex grand strategy games have found a new audience with more modern and accessible offerings, like the aforementioned Crusader Kings 3 and the galaxy spanning Stellaris. After spending time with an early build of Victoria 3, I’m convinced that the long-awaited sequel hasn’t sacrificed an ounce of complexity or decision making in its transition to this new era of Paradox. But gosh, it’s very nice to know what all these buttons do for a change.

Viccy3-cover.jpg
WWW.DESTRUCTOID.COM

Anthony Marzano took a seat in the great leaders chair and bankrupted a country with a hands-on preview of Victoria 3 for Destructoid.

I’ve been waiting for Victoria 3 for what seems like forever. By the time I returned to PC gaming in the mid-2010s, Victoria 2 was already falling out of date as Paradox refined its craft and had begun to make its games more easily palatable to the uninitiated. I’ve always been a closet political junkie, and I’m a big enough nerd to love the concept of economics and international trade. So it was all about waiting for my turn in the sun. After a week and a half with the preview build, I can tell that my turn is coming.

The entire time I had with the preview, I was having a blast. The game sucked me in, grabbed hold of my attention, and refused to let go. I couldn’t stop thinking about my long-term goals and would frequently boot up the game to implement a policy change I thought of while doing real-world stuff. One evening, my poor partner came rushing into our computer room thinking something was gravely wrong with me because I was muttering curses at length. America had cut off my supply of small arms, and my economy took a turn for the worst because of it. I wanted America’s head, and I was ready to back anyone who felt the same way but was limited by my size. I was promptly called a loser and left to smolder in my rage.

Victoria 3 is, without a doubt, not for everyone. It also has some ways to go before it is street-ready. But for a preview build, it ran pretty well most of the time. Even with the times where it stumbled, Victoria 3 was the most fun I’ve had with a grand strategy game ever. There is no greater joy than growing your economy while also increasing your infrastructure. I can’t wait to get back into the big chair and bring my nation into a prosperous new era of social equality.

Victoria-3-Preview.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Victoria 3 brings an intimidating level of depth and complexity but still remains a compelling experience.

Like many games from Paradox Interactive, Victoria 3 has you taking control of a single nation and guiding it to success throughout a certain time period. In this case, it’s 100 years exactly - from 1836 to 1936, placing Victoria right between Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron. Historically, this was a time of great industrialisation and political upheaval, and Victoria 3 aims to replicate this in everything it does.

As a result, one of the most striking differences between Victoria 3 and its compatriots on the grand strategy scene is the back seat taken by militarisation and war. Yes, war and related mechanics are featured, but you won’t be moving units around the map like a game of digital Risk. Instead, you’ll have to deal with slowly moving war fronts. Gone are the days of micromanaging sieges and dealing with enemy armies that make a direct line for your capital. Conflicts feel more realistic as a result, but they aren’t the main draw.

Victoria 3 places far more emphasis on political and economic simulations. It’s possible to go an entire game without fighting a war at all, but it’s almost impossible to manage your country without encountering some form of internal strife. Much of your time will be spent dealing with pops, or populations. These are groups of people stratified by their class, their religion, and their political beliefs, and much of the game revolves around keeping them happy or, at least, happy enough not to revolt.

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 (25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: multiple hands-on previews posted
  • 1 month later...

Game Information

Game Title: Victoria 3

Platforms:

• PC (Oct 25, 2022)

Developer: Paradox Development Studio

Publisher: Paradox Interactive 

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 83 average - 100% recommended

Critic Reviews

GGRecon - 10 / 10

Victoria 3 is a niche game that at its core is about enacting social and political change through close internal management of your nation, and nothing on the market comes close to replicating it.

Destructoid - 9.5 / 10

A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage.

God is a Geek - 9 / 10

Victoria 3 is an incredibly detailed strategy game that's as laborious as it is rewarding. You'll need to put in the work and be prepared to spend a lot of time busying yourself while waiting for things to complete.

NaviGames - Spanish - 9 / 10

The wait for Victoria III has been worth it. The new mechanics need some time to correct certain problems, but the content offered by Victoria III is very high level and will eat us hundreds of hours of gameplay.

GameGrin - 8.5 / 10

If you'd like a chance to lead millions and create a nation to rival all others, then this is the game for you. Just be careful what you wish for. The role of a leader can be fickle and overwhelming at times.

The Games Machine - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Victoria 3 is a complex grand strategy game, however Paradox Development Studio went above and beyond to make it accessible to anyone with enough patience to learn the basics of how it works.

PC Gamer - 84 / 100

Victoria 3's attractive historical sandbox is filled with potential, but it's on you to unlock it.

Spaziogames - Italian - 8.3 / 10

Victoria 3 is a well-done, amazing, deep and potentially infinite grande strategy, exactly what we expected from Paradox.

GameWatcher - 8 / 10

Victoria 3 is a political and economic simulation of unparalleled depth, complexity and indifference to you. Stumble upon a narrative hook and it can reel you in, even if it struggles to maintain a human connection

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Victoria 3 is an excellent game. Despite its complexity and intransigence, it is a real pleasure to play. A game that we can only recommend to history lovers.

IGN - 8 / 10

Victoria 3 is a remarkable, if a bit janky, nation-builder with ocean-deep political and economic systems that suck you in and don't let go.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

An ambitious, beautiful, and obsessively detailed society simulation that still needs to iron out a few rough edges.

TheGamer - 4 / 5

Victoria 3 is a grand strategy game with perhaps too much depth and complexity for genre newbies, and genre veterans might find the simplified warfare a turn-off. That said, I am wholly invested. It’s the most sandboxy of the Paradox lineup so far and I’ve been enjoying my time with it immensely. It is gorgeous, impressive, and absolutely worth the time it takes to learn. Now onto my fourth playthrough. The World Welsh Order will rise, mark my words.

GameSpew - 7 / 10

All in all, Victoria 3 does a brilliant job of bringing this era of global politics alive. Its brilliant law systems create a truly enigmatic power struggle that will keep us playing for many hours to come. While there is a lack of flavour for some of the smaller nations and a handful of other problems that stop Victoria 3 being as good as it could be, there’s a vast myriad of strategies available to players, and many ways to plot out a successful campaign. And ultimately, that’s all that we want from a strategy game: the freedom to make credible choices.

Eurogamer - Recommended

An extraordinarily detailed economy and range of interlinking systems make Victoria 3 a grand strategy to rival some of Paradox's best.

Kotaku - Unscored

Even the world itself is a bummer. Victoria 3's map is beautiful, even more than Crusader King 3's, a globe bristling with colour and variety and an ever-changing landscape as cities and railroads expand over the decades. But you rarely, if ever, actually use it. This enormous 3D recreation of the entire planet is sitting in the middle of your screen for almost the entire time you play the game, taking up huge amounts of real estate, and you almost never (there are a few exceptions) have to click on it, since the game’s primary interactions are all more quickly and easily handled via sidebars and buttons. It’s a real shame!

LadiesGamers.com - Loved

Victoria 3 is a deep, engaging, grand strategy game to get lost in. It is pretty clear that Paradox Development Studios have put a lot of care and attention into the game to make it accessible for new players to try.

It’s a slow and well-structured game that rewards patience for players who like to see their long-term planning playout. However, I don’t think it is a game for all strategic players to enjoy; the micromanagement will put many players off the game. But players like myself who love the game’s deepness and strategy will be rewarded with hours of enjoyment.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

A warts and all take on a tumultuous period in history results in a surprisingly thought-provoking experience.

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 (25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
1 minute ago, Brian said:

How does this run on the deck? (Obviously it needs to be docked to read the UI)

I wouldn't try it. Stellaris runs okay initially but starts slowing down mid to late game even on a small galaxy. This is stellaris on crack so way more pops to keep track of, good pricing, etc. 

On 10/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, Zaku3 said:

I wouldn't try it. Stellaris runs okay initially but starts slowing down mid to late game even on a small galaxy. This is stellaris on crack so way more pops to keep track of, good pricing, etc. 

I think I am just gonna buy a gaming laptop this Black Friday. A part of me wants to wait for the 4xxx series to hit laptops but 3070Ti seems to be enough for me to play PC games like this, CK3, and Company of Heroes 3. 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I think I am just gonna buy a gaming laptop this Black Friday. A part of me wants to wait for the 4xxx series to hit laptops but 3070Ti seems to be enough for me to play PC games like this, CK3, and Company of Heroes 3. 

It would be. My 3060 laptop runs games far better then I anticipated it would. I am a member of the church of two in one laptops. I recommend an Asus Flow x13 or x16. If you just want a regular laptop keep an eye out for the G14.

Unless you 100% need Intel go for an AMD CPU. Ryzen 6800 or 5800 in a pinch. If you can find an all AMD one take it. They tend to be cheaper the Nvidia/Intel laptops and offer better battery life and tend to run cooler.

My 2 in 1 occupies a cool niche where I find myself using it more then my Neo. Basically do I want a lightweight gaming device at the moment I go for the Neo. A bit more eye candy or it's better to use a kb and track pad then use the Asus. Or do i want ultrawide or to use my 4k OLED then my desktop. 

If you don't want to upgrade next year or don't mind the wait then Zen 4 and RDNA3/Ada laptops should be a big step up over what we have now. Current rumor is that RDNA3's top mobile GPU might give 3090 perf. Ideally I want a Zen 4/RDNA3 laptop but I don't want to lose the 2 in 1 form factor so.a 4060 or 4070 Flow x16 is my next laptop in theory. I'd prefer an all AMD build since I think it probably be cooler then my current laptop but I like the versatility. (Tent mode is a good space saver and I prefer audiobooks but for things without audiobooks rather use the tablet mode over an android tablet)

11 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

It would be. My 3060 laptop runs games far better then I anticipated it would. I am a member of the church of two in one laptops. I recommend an Asus Flow x13 or x16. If you just want a regular laptop keep an eye out for the G14.

Unless you 100% need Intel go for an AMD CPU. Ryzen 6800 or 5800 in a pinch. If you can find an all AMD one take it. They tend to be cheaper the Nvidia/Intel laptops and offer better battery life and tend to run cooler.

My 2 in 1 occupies a cool niche where I find myself using it more then my Neo. Basically do I want a lightweight gaming device at the moment I go for the Neo. A bit more eye candy or it's better to use a kb and track pad then use the Asus. Or do i want ultrawide or to use my 4k OLED then my desktop. 

If you don't want to upgrade next year or don't mind the wait then Zen 4 and RDNA3/Ada laptops should be a big step up over what we have now. Current rumor is that RDNA3's top mobile GPU might give 3090 perf. Ideally I want a Zen 4/RDNA3 laptop but I don't want to lose the 2 in 1 form factor so.a 4060 or 4070 Flow x16 is my next laptop in theory. I'd prefer an all AMD build since I think it probably be cooler then my current laptop but I like the versatility. (Tent mode is a good space saver and I prefer audiobooks but for things without audiobooks rather use the tablet mode over an android tablet)

I was looking at a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro that has a i7 12700H and 3070ti for about $1500. I will look into the Flow x16. How does it handle heat and sound in such a slim form factor?

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I was looking at a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro that has a i7 12700H and 3070ti for about $1500. I will look into the Flow x16. How does it handle heat and sound in such a slim form factor?

After gaming for 15 minutes, the underside clocked in at 116 degrees Fahrenheit, leaping over our 95-degree comfort threshold. The center of the keyboard and touchpad are also a little spicy, hitting 110 and 85 degrees, respectively. 

The hottest spot can be found just above the F6 key — peaking at a spicy 126.5 degrees! Though, all this said, it does seem to run a tad cooler than the Alienware m17 R5 (touchpad at 95 degrees and the keyboard at 116 degrees) and MSI Vector GP76 (105 and 117 degrees).

Just make sure you don’t cover those vents!

Found this from a laptop mag review and this is probably accurate. It's also more expensive then what you are looking at so if you prefer value go for the Lenovo you were looking at but find the Legion 5 pro with the 6800u since its cooler then an Intel chip and it's integrated GPU should let you play paradox games on the silent mode using the iGPU. I do that at times laying down with the laptop on my chest or stomach. 

If you don't mind spending more check this one out. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-legion-slim-7-amd-advantage-edition-16-wqxga-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-6900hx-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-6800s-1tb-ssd-onyx-grey/6504422.p?skuId=6504422

A bit more but more performance and I can't find a comparison vs the 3060. I will keep looking.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

After gaming for 15 minutes, the underside clocked in at 116 degrees Fahrenheit, leaping over our 95-degree comfort threshold. The center of the keyboard and touchpad are also a little spicy, hitting 110 and 85 degrees, respectively. 

The hottest spot can be found just above the F6 key — peaking at a spicy 126.5 degrees! Though, all this said, it does seem to run a tad cooler than the Alienware m17 R5 (touchpad at 95 degrees and the keyboard at 116 degrees) and MSI Vector GP76 (105 and 117 degrees).

Just make sure you don’t cover those vents!

Found this from a laptop mag review and this is probably accurate. It's also more expensive then what you are looking at so if you prefer value go for the Lenovo you were looking at but find the Legion 5 pro with the 6800u since its cooler then an Intel chip and it's integrated GPU should let you play paradox games on the silent mode using the iGPU. I do that at times laying down with the laptop on my chest or stomach. 

If you don't mind spending more check this one out. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-legion-slim-7-amd-advantage-edition-16-wqxga-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-6900hx-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-6800s-1tb-ssd-onyx-grey/6504422.p?skuId=6504422

A bit more but more performance and I can't find a comparison vs the 3060. I will keep looking.

I saw that the AMD version of the Legion had a bad wifi card that needs to replace which is why I am leaning Intel. 

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-5-series/Legion-5i-Pro-Gen-7-(16-inch-Intel)/82RF000AUS

I really don’t have a budget, but for my use case scenario (playing RTS, Strategy, PC Game Pass games ), I don’t need to be dropping $3k to do it. It won’t be my main driver. 

How bad is the wifi card? If it's not terribad probably worth going AMD for thermals, battery life, and acoustics. 

Also ya at the price of the one you sent me the Legion 7 is probably the better buy. I have an unused BBY gift card or two that I don't particularly need right now. 

21 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

How bad is the wifi card? If it's not terribad probably worth going AMD for thermals, battery life, and acoustics. 

Also ya at the price of the one you sent me the Legion 7 is probably the better buy. I have an unused BBY gift card or two that I don't particularly need right now. 

The Wifi is Realtek which seems to be a problem. The Intel variant uses an Intel Wifi card which is way better. I don’t know much about AMD GPU but I’ll look into it if you recommend it. 

3 hours ago, Brian said:

The Wifi is Realtek which seems to be a problem. The Intel variant uses an Intel Wifi card which is way better. I don’t know much about AMD GPU but I’ll look into it if you recommend it. 

Plus you will have RDNA2 and atleast with paradox titles you can run them off the iGPU and keep the fans low or fanless.

• 1 month later...
victoria-3-impressions-victory-1080p-cro
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

In its first 30 days post launch, Victoria 3 has sold more than 500,000 units, making the grand strategy game one of Paradox's most successful launches ever

Paradox Development Studios has announced that its newest grand strategy game Victoria 3 has sold more than 500,000 units in its first month since launch, making it one of the company’s most successful launches ever.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Victoria 3 (25 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: Paradox reports 500K units sold in 30 days
10 hours ago, Brian said:

@Zaku3 pretty good sales 

Still tackling it. I think I figured out the economy. Was initially disappointed because of the warfare being terribad but am all in on the eco sim aspect. 

Now if I can just figure out how to make my country socialist or communist so I can break our chains.

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Still tackling it. I think I figured out the economy. Was initially disappointed because of the warfare being terribad but am all in on the eco sim aspect. 

Now if I can just figure out how to make my country socialist or communist so I can break our chains.

spacer.png

047ab3bc447b48c48be3102ad77e73f3.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Apparently, giving workers more disposable income is a winning strategy in Paradox’s economic simulation game